lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
barcloverranch
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Muddin In an Electric Cart

Hello,

I have an '86 Ez Go resistor cart with a 4" lift and aggressive 22" tires. We've finally hit the rainy season out here in west Texas and I was wanting to take my cart out and sling some mud (I figure I won't make as big of ruts with this cart as I do with my truck).

My question for ya'll is will running an electric cart through mud and puddles hurt anything? When looking under the seat I can see that it obviously is very open down there and I would just assume that running through mud and water would get something important wet and I don't want to risk hurting anything.

I was thinking of trying to fab up some sort of thin sheet metal or plastic covering to install onto the underside of the frame to protect everything, but then I'm worrying about stuff overheating.

Lemme know what ya'll have experienced and if you want to post any fun muddy pictures that would be awesome. Thanks, Josh
barcloverranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Muddin In an Electric Cart

never tried muddin in a resistor cart..... I've done a bit in a solid state cart and never had issues.... figure a resistor cart has less expensive electrical components to break, but you are putting alot of strain on those coils already with the lift so the addition of the mud might be too much for them?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Agree on the lifted resistor coil cart.... Just keep your foot to the floor, at wide open the coils are out of the supply loop
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
jonnymoon5
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

could it be an issue if you get the wiper board covered? as in could it keep the wiper from contacting the contact points for acceleration?
jonnymoon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
barcloverranch
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, that's usually how I've learned from ya'll to drive anyway. Floor it as much as possible and try to leave the coils out of the equation.

Yeah johnny that would be a question of mine too. Should I makeshift something to keep mud and water from getting to my wiper board, solenoid, and switch from the bottom?

Or I could even install some rubber flap behind the front tires and make a mudflap type deal to cut down on the splashing. Again an issue I would worry about is overheating if I start sealing stuff up, so the flap might be a better idea. Would sealing the bottom under the key components cause overheating of anything?

Thanks for the replies fellas,
Josh
barcloverranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The speed wiper is rally an open air installation originally, I think putting a sheet of tin under it is an okay thing to do... just don't put one under the coils they need all the air they are getting now.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:20 AM   #7
SHRINER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My first cart was a resistor, and I had that thing in the mud all the time. Except for getting stuck a lot no problems.
SHRINER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric ezgo, mud, mudding, water damage
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO