lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
iron and steel
Not Yet Wild

Default carb 2pg

hello to all . my 85 ez go with the ppg motor has run flawless since the total over haul , now all of a sudden the carb vent is spitting small ammounts of gas out of it ( the pump is less than 6 months old ). the cart will run but wont get going like it should . i have reviewed the carb over haul proceedure and am going to do so. however i dont get why it just all of a sudden happened . i suspect its a float thing . but how did the float get un ajusted . any one ever have this problem .
iron and steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: carb 2pg

Just a very small piece of dirt could not be letting the needle close on the seat or the needle tip which is rubber may have distorted or tore due to the gas were now using. A ton of small engines or having problems with lines being used up with today's gas.Anyhow that's where I'd look.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
sharse36
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had the same thing years ago gas coming out the vent tube. Racin161 hit the nail on the head dirt got in the needle and seat and would not let it close all the way. So it let gas over fill the bowl and keep coming out the vent tube. A good cleaning of the carb and was back going just fine.
sharse36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

These guys are right.It can be a piece of crap in your needle valve seat.So clean that bugger really good.If that doesn't do it, you can look at the pivot of the float.You'll see a small tab that holds the needle valve up in the seat.If you remove the float and bend that tab upwards very slightly, like maybe 1/32" it will make it so the float doesn't have to rise so high to shut the needle valve.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If you look at the float,when the needle is closed(lightly push up on the float until you feel it stop(or turn it upside-down if you have it off)The float should be parallel with the flange for float-bowl.If its' lower at the side opposite the needle,its' too high,if its' higher at the end opposite the needle,its' too low.Bend the small tab in the center to adjust.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Oh, another thing you can try, with the float and needle valve and bowl on the carb, but the carb off the engine.Hold the carb in it's normal position and blow in the fuel inlet line.You should be able to blow in it.Now turn the carb upside down and try to blow again.If you can blow in it, the needle valve is definitely not closing.

As to how the float might have gotten out of whack in the first place...Gremlins?
Old 04-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #7
iron and steel
Not Yet Wild

ill be pulling the card this afternoon . i will look at all the things you guys talked abuot and update ....... thank you all. thae knowlage of all on this site is priceless
Old 04-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
iron and steel
Not Yet Wild

pachanga, heliarce . pulled the float and needle ,bunch of trashin their and the float was out . it seems to be fixed .thank you thats great info .
Old 04-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
iron and steel
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
If you look at the float,when the needle is closed(lightly push up on the float until you feel it stop(or turn it upside-down if you have it off)The float should be parallel with the flange for float-bowl.If its' lower at the side opposite the needle,its' too high,if its' higher at the end opposite the needle,its' too low.Bend the small tab in the center to adjust.Hope this helps.
what cha running under the hood of that sea ray?
Old 04-29-2012, 12:40 AM   #10
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Glad you got it fixed.It's great when you open something up and find a big pile of crud that's been messing you up isn't it?

I'm hoping pachanga has the same engine as mine.I'd like to end up with a cart just like that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO