lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #1
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

Default i need a fuel pump for an 84 ez go 2 stroke and more probably...

the motor acts like it's not getting fuel... the plug looks like it's not getting any oil... so need a fuel pump for the motor and i think i'm going to mix the gas/oil... right now there's an electric fuel pump and it looks like the stock pump is just hosed together
EVLLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: i need a fuel pump for an 84 ez go 2 stroke and more probably...

Try tapping on the float bowl. I have a 90ish 2 stroke....old and the brand new carb both needles get stuck for some reason. If I let it set for more than a couple days I have to tap on the float bowl....once I do that I'm good to go.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

i hooked up the hoses to the stock fuel pump and it looks like it's leaking at the drive shaft area... they had an electric fuel pump on there but it gave constant gas basically... it ran fine the last day... but today it's not doing anything when you give it gas.. unless you spray some carb cleaner in the intake. it appears to be getting oil and appears to be getting plenty... maybe too much gas... but when you press the gas it's geting just as much gas as when it's in neutral with the stupid electric fuel pump going...

:fustrated:
Old 08-10-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

here's an update after MORE time working on this thing... here's what i wrote the guy i got it from:

hey Tony.

well got some new parts for the golf cart yesterday and today but it's acting like it's not getting any gas or it's geting way too much gas...not too sure but been messing with it for 2 days now. took the battery to autozone after we got a battery charger and tried charging it up... autozone said the battery was loosing volts fast and wasn't any good so bought a new battery... it ran fine from my mom's house to my house last night. i put a on/off switch at the ignition because the clips on the back of the ignition were loose so it wasn't staying running if you hit a bump.

today we drove it to my mom's house and it drove okay... about halfway home it stopped on us... my uncle came who's a diesel mechanic. he looked at it and wasn't sure what the deal was with it. he thought it was getting all gas but no oil from looking at the plug. he gave me a can of carb cleaner to spray in the intake so it would make it back to my mom's house. had to spray the 1.5 cans to get it back.

got a new fuel pump for it.... same thing

tried hooking the fuel lines back to the stock fuel pump (which was looped together with a hose)... found out why it was looped lol... it leaks gas at the driveshaft of you are running to the stock fuel pump...

i hooked the fuel pump that ya'll had on there back up with smaller fuel hose to see what it would do and it's doing the same deal.

not real sure how it's been running with the electric pump because it's sucking gas in the motor constantly ya know? even if it's in neutral it's getting as much gas as it would be at full throttle. i saw gas coming out of the carb overflow tube too when it was just idling.

not sure what else to do with it though
Old 08-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVLLS1 View Post
i hooked up the hoses to the stock fuel pump and it looks like it's leaking at the drive shaft area
STOP everything. That "pump" is NOT a fuel pump. That pump is the oil pump. The fuel pump runs off of vaccum. Is this pump you hooked up on the flywheel side of the engine?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #6
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

the oil setup is like this.. there's a oil reserve on the frontside of the motor. there is a hose from the bottom of the oil tank that goes onto the frontside of the motor... there's another tube that goes just above the hose and it runs to the top of the carb...

the fuel pump i'm talking about looks like this:

this part is advertised as a fuel filter on a site i saw....

it is on the backside of the motor just below the carb. as it is.. the previous owner had it looped from one side to the other.

this part runs off the motor creating a vacuum it appears.

i've got it back to how the previous owner had it... which was hose looped on that part pictured above.... and an electric fuel pump going from the gas tank.... to a clear inline fuel filter... to the top of the carb.... it cranks up.... idles... just wont GO when you press the gas... it worked fine yesterday on this setup... just doesn't seem like it's normal having a fuel pump running/pumping at the same rate like it was installed by whoever had the cart before.

can someone send me a diagram on this motor setup please? like i said the ignition they had on there crapped out.. the wires on there were getting really hot.... the key switch crapped out so i put a switch on there... and of course the plastic switch just melted at the connections...

i really need to take all these dang wires out and start over because i dont know if the guy who messed with it knew what all the wires were

fast sketch:

Old 08-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #7
DEWDIGGLER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i think mb523 has a thread on here with a wiring diagram.

good luck, Dew
DEWDIGGLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #8
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

thanks. when it's hosed the way the above picture shows in orange... gas is leaking (it looks like the driveshaft) cause it's slinging it off the starter pulley.

i'm assuming this is why the previous owner bypassed the stock fuel pump and used an electric one.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #9
DEWDIGGLER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

according to your diagram, i would hook it up the way it should be
in orange is the right way.
unless the diaphram pump is shot it should pump the right amount of fuel.
hook it to the pump next to the carb (leave it un hook on the carb)
turn it over and see if it still pumps.

Dew
DEWDIGGLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #10
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

yeah the stock fuel pump works fine... the only problem i'm seeing when i do that is it's leaking gas somewhere on the backside underneath the fuel pump.. it LOOKS like it's leaking around the driveshaft area because it's slinging a little gas off the starter pulley..... i can't remember how these motors are in that section... is there a bearing or something that's supose to seal? or maybe something's cracked? causing it to leak in the drivetrain?

i took the carb off... it's opening/closing fine... it appears to be getting oil... i thought it was getting gas cause it ran the other day decent....

i took a hose and put it on the carburator and tried seeing if it would suck some seafoam from a cup but it wasn't sucking up anything... then i poured the seafoam in the tube and it just stayed there.... clogged hose nipple? not sure because before it was having gas come out the overflow tube...

does anyone from georgia live near macon? maybe they can help me with this sucker before i take it to a small engine shop or a big golf cart place like JENCO
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO