lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
sahbnh
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 issue

Drove to the course and played two holes and the cart was running fine. I went to go to the third hole and pressed the accelerator and the engine turned over and ran, but the cart would just inch forward. Same thing in reverse. I borrowed a cart and started to push it home. After a short time pushing it started to work fine. I drove it home and cleaned the carburetor and took it back out a few days later and the same thing happened after a few holes. Had someone push me a couple hundred yards and started working fine again. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks for any input!
sahbnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 issue

Will it run out of gear?
Is the engine running but just not pulling? If so it sounds like a clutch issue. Rollers worn out and sticking not letting it work right or maybe the belt also.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
KingPin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I had a similar problem. I did 2 things that might help you.
1) I turned the idle screw (i think it is) on the top of the carb all the way in and then backed it out slowly until i got a good running sound (this has yielded some minor back firing but it runs)
2) In testing I took out the air filter from my g16 and am now running it without a filter until the one I ordered comes in (seems to be okay).

I'm not saying that you have the exact same problem but maybe these might help you along.

King
KingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The screw you are talking about is the air fuel mixture, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
sahbnh
Not Yet Wild

When I hit the gas it does turn over and run but just inches along until I get pushed for a short distance
Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I really think you have clutch problems, hope some of the experts reply to this.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
sahbnh
Not Yet Wild

Any other guesses??
Old 05-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
Flippz
Not Yet Wild

When you say inch along, are you meaning the starter generator is moving it or is the engine running full blast and it's only inching along. I ask this as it could be a spark issue, the starter generator will inch it along if it is not firing.

When this occurs pull the boot off the spark plug and insert a small screw driver. Ground the screw driver to a valve cover bolt or other metal and see if u have spark when you spin the motor over.
Post back findings and we will go from there.
Flippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #9
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Don't use the screwdriver-trick on a CDI-Ignition,use a spark-plug.The CDI can fry from using a screwdriver or nothing at all.At least use a spark-tester(for $2 they are worth it.If the engine is just turning over it can inch along on the starter.I had an old Ez-Go 2-stroke that ran out of fuel,I drove it across my yard on the starter-only.Check the spark,fuel,and air-filter.See if it runs on full-choke.My Wifes cart kept just being suddenly dead,it was a bad ground in the electrical-panel to engine-harness.Replaced the wire,problem solved.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #10
Flippz
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info about the screw driver, I was unaware that would hurt it. I am still pretty new at this but after my last three day battle with my cart I know how frustrating it can be trying to fix one. I am still trying to fix a back fire concern on mine.
Flippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha