lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default older cart what yr.??

This is one that somebody has forsale near me, he said it runs. Sounds to him like it mights carb. work he knows nothing about them. Any way I don't know much about the Yamaha. Anyone ??Txs. Hes wantin $200.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg from jc's phone-6-8-2013 950.jpg (115.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg from jc's phone-6-8-2013 953.jpg (124.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg from jc's phone-6-8-2013 952.jpg (118.9 KB, 0 views)
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #2
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: older cart what yr.??

Check the left side of the frame where the rear bumper mounts. Should be a serial number stamped there, like J31-xxxxxxxx. May need to wire brush the rust, etc off to find. Or it may be on the cross bar under the rear body where the shocks mount at the top. There is a stickie I believe on here that'll give you the year vs serial number.

$200 is a good price for a running cart, even a nonrunning cart.
gray horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I agree, snatch that one up! If it was closer to me, it would already be on my trailer! LOL

Check the frame for rust, especially around the battery area. If the frame is not "too rusty" that some nice sanding can fix then you have a gem. I'm assuming in that area of the country you won't have rust like up here in Ohio.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

Certainly worth $200, snatch it up.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, the guy wanted $250. I lookd at it, dry rot tires/1 whl. no valve stem, no batt./ rustd out batt. compartment. A few cracks/small holes here n ther. I think i might try the bbq. trick on muffler/ sat up for afew months,mud-dobbers. Drive belt loose, did put batt. in it starts but dosen't in gage until warms up(?). And also when you turn the key to the left, all you hear is the back-up beeper. And dosen't do anything(?). Anyway i told him"to be honest it was worth but $150 to me." We dickrd around for a while, and i gave him all the change i had in my pocket $162.50. Anyways, will try and find numbers on it today. Gettin parts in on my 84' marathon redo. Any help on this model would be appreciated txs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yamaha.jpg (154.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg pic. 12.jpg (243.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg #10.jpg (165.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg #4.jpg (208.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg #2.jpg (215.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

you definitely got yourself a G-1, made from 1979 to 1986 and a short run in 1989 i think. you gotta get an air filter on that thing, or it wont run long. they also run poorly without the factory amount of air restriction in the intake. their airbox was engineered to provide this. you can also use the top of a G-14 airbox to replace that. the engine runs backward to achieve reverse, and the solenoid is not working for reverse. they are generally not available anymore, and if you find one plan on spending a fortune. you could convert it to a parcar flip-flop relay setup for a lot less. In general, you got a great deal on a fast and fun cart.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #7
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Txs CGtech, I will scroll thru and find the conversion process. I have the top to the air intake, just had it off in the pics. It sounds like when i try to go, that it is not being able to get rid of the exhaust. So, i will check it out ltr. Right now i'am rebuildin my 84' Marathon(gas-244 robin). It's not hurtin by sittin on the tlr. for now. When i get ready for this build, i will b in need of some help for sure. Also, i need to download a service man.. Anywho txs. guys and HappyTrails for now. And i'am lookin for the Serial #s today, did see the # locator on the stickys, so.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #8
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ok, finally found some #s on the drrivers side rear under bumper. They are J10-040885. Does that mean made in April 8th 1985? If so, what does the J10 stand for? Txs.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #9
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Never mind, I found the link G1 newbies. I tend to foreget sometimes, comes w/age i guess. Now i can laugh at another dumbas s thing that i've done.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha