lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #21
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: No spark on my g1 need help please help me!!!!

Run the jumper wire off the battery?
g1uncman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #22
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1uncman View Post
Run the jumper wire off the battery?
Yes, from the pos terminal of the battery to one of the solenoids just to see if the engine spins over.
If it spins over you need to look more at the wiring.
If it does not spin over then it would be a solenoid issue.
CharlieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #23
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

ok so I have driven it now!!!! It runs alright it took off... then it just powered down and the motor would not pull???? I took the carb off and cleaned it, it looked fine and clean. I went to go up a little hill and it wouldnt go anywhere the engine was just at high rpms with the pedal pressed down. When I got it on a flat surface on concrete, it moved but now like it should. When it is up on stands with the back wheels off the ground the back rear wheel spins but not the left and it spins at a high rate of speed. When its on the ground.... NOTHING almost like it doesnt have enough power to move my 200 lbs! Give me some options! I am ready to get this thing moving and have a little fun!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #24
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Congratulations on getting to drive it.
The brakes on these are self adjusting and prone to over adjust. I expect you will find the left wheel is reluctant to spin by hand.
If you pull the left wheel off and use some form of lever to turn the drum so the hole is down around 7oclock you can then use a flat blade screwdriver on the ratchet wheel and back off the adjustment.

The other thing to address is the moving parts of the clutch will need lubricating. This will make a major improvement as well.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #25
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

so tell me this could it be a crank seal problem???? i mean why will it goooo... then just slow down when trying to go up a hill and not move at all... like there is a brick wall in front of it and its trying to move it out of the way but it cant!.... It just will not move, but when i get off and throttle it by hand and push it, it will move but not fast at all?
Old 06-19-2013, 05:01 AM   #26
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

No I do not thing this has anything to do with crank seals.
I would expect once you get driving the clutch shifted into high gear and will not downshift when you got to a hill.
And driving with a locked up brake does not help.
These clutch and brake issues are something most every G1 owner has had to deal with as well as not uncommon in all carts of every brand.
I am still working on these things in my cart.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #27
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

well after last night now I have no start... it tries to turn over but its acting as if there is no spark to crank over... the only thing I done wrong was when I brought it back in I might of flooded the engine? It was a brand new spark plug earlier.. also I connected the oil connector to the carb... and after that I haven't got a spark at all...
Old 06-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #28
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

i also took the spark plug out and exhaust off... oil and gas ran out of it like i flooded the engine... this has only happened since i hooked the oil line to the carb... the spark plug was soaked with oil looking residue, and it was a new plug. Also when i connected the test light to the neg side of the terminal and stuck it to the black wire going to the ignition coil i had power, but not on the orange or red wire(cant remember the color), maybe my coil went out??????? GOSH I AM AT ENDS MEET WITH THIS THING! I cannot get a spark even when i stuck a screw driver in the ignition coil harness for the spark plug and i was brave enough to touch it while trying to turn it over to see if i would get shocked... NOTHING! HELP ME PLEASE
BTW thanks for the advice on the brakes i fixed them, just having a hard time getting the cover off the clutch to clean all the moving parts!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #29
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

???
Old 06-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #30
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

so i think my clutch springs are a little short and worn, (not getting any power up hills ect. bogging down, ya know), thinking of doing a 1/4 inch shim on driven and secondary clutch what do u guys think?

Tags
ignition coil, relay, spark, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha