lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
WJ ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Default fuel line/bogging - solution

In the spirit of information sharing , wanted to impart some info on something that happened last week. When I purchased my 85 marathon, I automatically replaced maintenance sensitive items right away.... . Well I noticed last week when starting it cold it would start and go, then cut out/bog a few seconds later. I would re-start it, then cut out/bog again. I was thinking it was maybe electrical. Then I looked at my fuel filter and noticed it was empty, and it is usually 2/3 full. Checked gas tank and that was fine. Well, I remembered when I replaced my fuel line, I didn't zip tie back the new line up high where it's supposed to go. But rather, it was dangling low (must have fallen down from woods riding), and as soon as I lifted it, my filter was 2/3 full again. So I zip tied it off up high and, problem was solved.
WJ ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: fuel line/bogging - solution

I'm wondering if this might help me with my situation on my 81. It bogs down when starting. Once warm, it runs great. Starting takes some patience though. Is your 85 tank/pump siphon fed?
frodrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
WJ ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Fro, I'm not sure what you mean. Here's what I have: tank--->fuel line--->filter--->fuel line--->pump--->fuel line---> filter---> fuel line---> carb.

EDIT: If what u mean is relative to the fuel pick-up design in the tank, it is fed from the top rather than the bottom. So in that case maybe it IS siphon fed...(?) .
WJ ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

WJ, thats what I meant. Sorry, I should have said top pick-up.
frodrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO