lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Chattybirds
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1991 2 stroke Marathon wiring questions

Hi, I am looking for a wiring diagram for a 1991 EZGO marathon 2 stroke. I have a diagram for an 1989 2 stroke, but I cannot verify that they are the same without comparing them. Long story short I have an 1991 EZGO and a 1989 EZGO PARTS CART and I am in the process of moving the the 1989's voltage regulator and ignitor over to the 1991. Everything looks identical and same harness. EXCEPT my 1991 has one plug harness that appears to be modified by someone before me and thus I would have to put a new wiring harness on the cart to get everything to match up. So I have two options, Either seperate the wires at the regulator and use the current 1991 EZGO setup that I do not think is quite right but it works (kinda) or I can try to hook the 1989 regulator, ignitor, and harness to my 1991 with a 1989 wiring diagram. I am doing a swap because my regulator is junk, and won't charge the battery, I can bypass the the wire off the generator and It will charge the battery. I just don't know if I should trust someone else's wiring or try and do it myself. I have already replaced the starter/generator once because it burnt up, I think because either the regulator went out or it got wet. any suggestions would be great, thanks.
Chattybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #2
Woodchiper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1991 2 stroke Marathon wiring questions

Go to Sticky at top of this page. 89,90,91. I sure they are the same. I will look in my book to make sure
Woodchiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
Woodchiper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1991 2 stroke Marathon wiring questions

Well the manual needs redown loaded.If I can find it again. I'llget back to you later today if I can get it down loaded
Woodchiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO