lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Default Think this EZGO is worth....

$50?

I had someone offer me this ezgo for $50. He got it at auction along with a bunch of other stuff. He says the wiring to the batteries burned (before he got it). It looks like it was a course cart based on the numbers on the side, and the fact that it's a bit beat up.

Is it worth it? I think just the body, motor (if it's not dead), and rearend will make it well worth the $50 plus about $10 in gas to go get it, but wanted some input.

Thanks.

Last edited by SP-Electronics; 09-18-2008 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: forgot pics
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2008, 06:52 PM   #2
swifteagle1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Think this EZGO is worth....

If it was me and I was planning on rebuilding older carts, i'd get it as a parts cart.
Or you might be able to restore it.
swifteagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
Blue Chip
Gone Wild

Yes.
Blue Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #4
Yard Man Dan
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

well, it would be a good project. It definately has potential, but it depends on how much moolah you want to pay. Im like you, its an offer to good to refuse. If the motor is ok I would go for it, but as far as batteies go its gonna be expensive replaceing them. Still I think you better off than me, just look at my picture! Who likes three wheelers?
Yard Man Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

That's kind of what I was figuring too Yard Man Dan. I mostly figured it'd be a parts cart, and I'd just part it out, or possibly do some kind of build with it. I've got a complete running melex, which is somewhat ugly, and got 4/5 of a clubcar (motor was toast), and another 1/2 a club car (body and electrical, missing rear end and original motor and batteries, but I have a narrowed ford 8" and motor, and another spare rearend). If I can fit one of the motors into the club car I just bought (the 4/5's one) I'll make it a runner and either sell it to fund another project, or keep it as one of my neighborhood toys. Then I'm planning to build the other club car into a gasser (600cc kawasaki ninja motor), and the melex I'll probably sell to fund the other stuff. I figure if I can get 2 running electrics out of the bunch, and then sell a bunch of parts to fund the gasser project, it'll be good, and profitable.

It'll be fun nonetheless. lol
Old 09-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #6
chevyrules05
A-DMIN

Club Car

buy and rebuild it!
chevyrules05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:13 PM   #7
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

I am going to try and pick it up tomorrow morning, so this will be cart #4 in my collection. Unfortunately that is 3 non-runners and one runner, but that's ok... I don't figure I can lose anything on any of them. Hopefully the electronics aren't totally shot so I can just slap some new batteries and wiring in, and do some scrubbing, and have it operable. Seat recovering is easy enough, and most stuff should be cake, but I don't want to dump a ton of money into solenoids or controllers, etc. if I can help it. Although I could sell some of this other stuff, and invest all the money into the cart, so it's not like money "out of pocket" really.

We'll see where I go once I have all these sitting here in my yard.

Looks like it's time to clean out the garage, move a car out and gut everything so I can fit all the carts in there. :)
Old 09-18-2008, 11:33 PM   #8
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Hmm, maybe I should sell my daily driver gas minivan, and put all the money into building a high voltage cart with 4 seats, and use it for local running. LOL
Old 09-19-2008, 06:35 AM   #9
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

I don't see how you can go wrong for $50. People are always looking for bodies and seats. Go for it.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #10
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Well, I dragged it home this morning, and it is sitting in the yard with the rest of them. This one is pretty dirty, and a lot of the wiring is gone. The charger port is missing, wiring cut, bunch of burned wiring, etc., so it might be a challenge to make this one do anything.

Does anyone know if the motor from the ezgo will fit the club car? If so, I might try to pull the motor out of this one, and put it in the club car I got a couple days ago and see if she runs. Or maybe I will measure the rear ends to see if the ezgo rear will bolt up to the club car. If so I'll just swap the whole rear out and try it. Frankenstein!

So, soon I guess I have to actually do some work on some of these, instead of just going out collecting them. :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO