lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default What motor is in the G22 and G29 (drive)

Title say it all. Trying to find out what motors are I. These 2 model carts. I believe the G29 is also called the "drive". Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the G22 was made unitl 2006 and the G29 came out in 2007. Do they have the same motors and clutches? Reason I am asking is because my local cart shop specializes in custom yamaha drive carts. They can get these carts running 30mph by changing the jet in the carb and doing something to the clutch. I'm curious to know if the g22 has the same drivetrain, if so they should be able to do the same thing to a g22 but they don't carry anything older than a 2007 drive and I can buy a g22 for considerably less money than what they sell the g29 for.
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: What motor is in the G22 and G29 (drive)

My research ive done is that the g22 and g29 have the same engine. The g22 has better clutches. The g29 clutches were a problem between 2007 and 2012.5.. After 2012.5 the cluthes went back to the g22 style. The speeds mods you suggest there are several options. You can get a high speed gear set for the rear end, adjust the governor or bypass the governor all together, have the clutch sheeves machined to give a better high speed or overdrive i believe whats its called. When adding larger heavier tires the jetting helps and also a higher flow air filter helps get more power out of the engine as well to accomodate the added weight. The bigger diameter tires will add several more mph as well.

Also cpp sells a speed spring that helps increase top speed. The method most of us do is add the lift kit, 22-23" tires, and zip tie the governor spring all the way. Will get you at least 25 or more mph.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #3
beachcarter
Gone Wild

I've heard of this spring. Isn't it a governor spring? If the governor is adjusted or bypassed all together then this spring isn't needed correct?
Old 10-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have a 2007 I like it.i rides nice. They changed more than the motor. The roof is new brakes.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
beachcarter
Gone Wild

My friend has a 2010 stretched yamaha with jakes long travel lift. It is nice but hard to use it as a comparison due to the size and the lift. So are you saying the g29 has a different motor than the g22?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Im sorry motor same my misstate. Brakes different the roof has drains. I like the way it rides. My is stock only got to ride it two days had to close camp. I like the way the dash is set up. I going to put some nice lights on it. It was nice to work on.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha