lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #31
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: 1985 Club Car Rehab

All spark's are not equal.
Clean all connections, replace wires with heavy(or heavier gage) wire (copper ends).
Shorten Wiring where possable.
Wires can corrode from the inside and reduce Voltage, Amps ...etc.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #32
jsahara24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have already checked for compression and its good, I did take the carb apart and cleaned it up the best i could without completely dissamblying it.. I do realize that i am probably going to have to do that but I hoped i could at least get it turn over before i tore into the carb...

I haven't messed with the existing wiring, however I will consider that if I don't make any progress...

Tomorrow I am heading home for the holidays and Im going to bring the cart with me, my stepfather and his friends have had carts all their lives so I plan to have them help me out.... The good news is that he has 2 other engines lieing around that I can use if this one doesn't work out....

thanks for all the help, i already printed the entire thread as a reference.... i will keep you posted....Jason
jsahara24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #33
jsahara24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Last night we got the cart running, I was connecting a small white wire from the coil to power which appears to be a kill of some sort. After we disconnected that wire we got the cart to fire by adding fuel to the head. Then we knew for sure that the carb needed to be rebuilt, so we took it all apart and cleaned the whole thing up...

Then it fired run up and ran great!! The gearheads I had helping me said the motor ran very tight with no ill noises. So I am excited, im going back to my house today to work on it...

Im pretty motivated now that i know i have a running engine! Thanks for all your help and I will add some pictures as i bring the cart back from the junkyard!

Jason
Old 12-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #34
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Congratulations on getting it running. My first cart was an 85 and it was my first cartlove. Now the fun begins

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:30 AM   #35
jsahara24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, now the money spending begins! haha.....

Anyone make there own seat? I am thinking about getting some styrofoam and casing it in vinyl of some sort? Or I am thinking about getting 2 tractor seats and mounting them bucket style. Thoughts??
Old 12-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #36
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes. The seats are filled with good quality foam rubber. Not sytrofoam. Marine quality heavy vinyl is relatively cheap. Less than $20 will do the cart but, the foam is more like $100 to do it. It comes in 3 or 4 inch thick....do your butt a favor.... go with the 4. 3/4 inch plywood comes in a 1/2 sheet at Lowes/HD for about $25. You will need to find the hinges/mounting hardware somewhere or they will tend to slide forward on ya at the worst possible moment
I made my own for my first cart.....
Melex upholstery
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0881.jpg (65.7 KB, 187 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #37
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

I have never made a golf cart seat, but I have made many Chair bottoms and seats, and its not that hard. The more U make the better U get.
As for the tractor seats it sounds plausable as long as they are not so heavy that you
can't lift them off.
Send Pics when U'r done !
Old 12-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #38
jsahara24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

so I made some progress on the cart over the christmas break...I got it running, muffler on, body repaired (structurally not cosmetically), wires ziptied down and organized, tube in my flat tire, got a parts list for the remaining items that need to be addressed.....

but i also screwed up pretty badly, i broke the driven clutch? (the clutch coming out of the transmission)...I am very upset with myself...
I was trying to get the drive belt on and I was trying to get the clutch to slide down... so, i am goign to have to steal the one from my stepdads scrap cart, is there a trick to taking off the clutch? There is a small bolt in the end of the shaft coming out of the transmission and then the unit is then screwed on that shaft...I was trying to loosen the clutch from the shaft and I couldnt figure out how to get it too come off without the entire thing spinning..any suggestions are greatly appreciated b/c i need to do it twice now!

I also decided I want to get bucket seats for the front, something like this...

thanks!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:40 AM   #39
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

I strongly recommend if you are keeping this Cart ,
then buy the Club Car Maint. Service Manual.
It has all the procedures for wiring, testing, install , removal with drawings and
troubleshooting guides !!!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #40
jsahara24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i completely agree and I have a manual for all my cars and my quad....

however, i am currently evicting my tenants for not paying for 4 months so I have to pay my mortgage and my rent every month..... so I am trying to get this cart running without having to spend extra money now, however i definitely plan to pick up a manual once i get my situation sorted out!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car