lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
fromhold106
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2001 EZ GO TXT PDS runs slow

I have a 2001 Ez Go TXt PDS cart (36 volts) All stock parts

Today the cart started to crawl at a very slow pace (less then 2 mph) and eventually stops.
Batteries were fully charged and water levels are fine.

I checked the stock solenoid and it appeared to be fine. I replaced it with a spare that I had just to be sure.

When I jack the rear and run the cart the solenoid clicks and the controller gives power to the motor. The motor runs but you can hear the controller give power intermittently and if you depress the pedal fully the controller cuts off. At times if you engage the pedal slowly and steady you can keep the controller supplying power but it doesn't last long.

The controller is a stock Curtis PMC. P/N 73326G07. I read threads on checking the controller for power to the motor however on this controller there is no "M" post just B-, B+ F1, F2 and A1.

Any suggestions or input is appreciated
fromhold106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
fromhold106
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2001 EZ GO TXT PDS runs slow

Saw a thread on controller diagnostics and I am getting a single beep at the end of the test.

According to the diagnostic chart it appears to be a bad speed sensor.

Before replacing the sensor does anyone have any idea on how to check to see if the controller is running properly?
fromhold106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:35 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2001 EZ GO TXT PDS runs slow

Running slowly are the symptoms of a bad speed sensor. You can also do the "Push Test" and see if it resists. If not, the speed sensor isn't working.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller issue, ez got txt, pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO