lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2021, 03:59 PM   #1
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default 5kW motor?

Does anyone have the 5kW motor and any experience with it?

Called the dealer and confirmed the placards on the CA carts now say 5kW.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2021, 10:18 AM   #2
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Default Re: 5kW motor?

https://www.electrickmotorsports.com...rt-i20-8954293

looks like its an upgraded 5kw motor and the controller change from toyota 350 to 440.

Toyota makes the 48M350 350amp 48V controller and also 48M450 , a 450amp 48V controller. Strange they refer to it as a 440amp.
mbrown55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:27 AM   #3
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown55 View Post
https://www.electrickmotorsports.com...rt-i20-8954293

looks like its an upgraded 5kw motor and the controller change from toyota 350 to 440.

Toyota makes the 48M350 350amp 48V controller and also 48M450 , a 450amp 48V controller. Strange they refer to it as a 440amp.
Woa! I didn't know they did a controller upgrade too!

That's making a decent case for me to get rid of my gas cart for an i40L and I could crank everything up on it...
Old 04-22-2021, 09:13 AM   #4
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Son of a bitch! Anyone want to buy a gently used i60L? lol
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:31 AM   #5
hokiefan80
Not Yet Wild

Hello everyone - I hope this is okay to post. I just bought an Advanced EV gen2 4L+ (advent) which seems to be pretty much identical to the icon lineup. I took a pic of the motor name plate which states 5kw. Also added a pic of the vehicle name plate as well.

I have an engineering background and glad to have found a group of folks interested in playing around with the technical details of these carts.

I can see the controller housing and it looks difficult to get to, where can I find the model/version?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ac_motor_5kw.jpg (197.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg nameplate.jpg (188.6 KB, 0 views)
hokiefan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:58 AM   #6
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Glad to have you on the forum. Would be interested to know if you have the 450A Toyota controller. Atrain posted some pics of the controller with the cover off. Do you have a programming port located near the run/tow switch?
mbrown55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:09 AM   #7
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiefan80 View Post
Hello everyone - I hope this is okay to post. I just bought an Advanced EV gen2 4L+ (advent) which seems to be pretty much identical to the icon lineup. I took a pic of the motor name plate which states 5kw. Also added a pic of the vehicle name plate as well.

I have an engineering background and glad to have found a group of folks interested in playing around with the technical details of these carts.

I can see the controller housing and it looks difficult to get to, where can I find the model/version?
Check this thread for pictures - https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=175245

There is a black cover plate under the rear back seat with 2 screws, you take that off, then there is a black plastic box with 6 screws, you remove those screws and the cover comes off and you can see everything...with ICON that is, but it should be the same with your cart.

The 6 screws are not magnetic so careful not to drop them. I dropped a few times and was looking around my garage floor a while.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:10 PM   #8
snowwjob1
Not Yet Wild

ATrain, I am also in San Diego (Point Loma) and just ordered an ICON I40L and it has the 5KW motor and upgraded controller. The cart will be here in 4 weeks or so. I am new to carts and would love some help getting it programmed as i am new to golf carts. Thanks for all of your posts i am learning
snowwjob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:31 PM   #9
ATrain
Gone Wild

I ordered a 5KW one too a while ago 😂 but mine comes this week or next lol. I didn't want to say anything on the forums because I have too many golf carts.
Old 06-02-2021, 02:38 PM   #10
mikedivincent
Not Yet Wild

Mine is a 5KW here in Texas - got your cable form the internet, the USP part is on the way, and I plan on programming to your settings (thanks) next week.
mikedivincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon