lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2021, 08:54 AM   #21
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Installing Sound Bar on 2021 Club Car Onward Li-In HP - Troubles...

If the ignition switches to ground, you may have to use a relay to switch on the reducer.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2021, 11:53 AM   #22
flipture
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
If the ignition switches to ground, you may have to use a relay to switch on the reducer.
Ok gotcha.

I’ve attempted to hook the reducer up to the power wires behind the ignition panel and also directly from the battery however every time I do, I get a fault from the cart. Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong here?

Is there a different 48v line coming out of the battery that I should be using instead of the large terminals on the top of the Lithium Ion battery case?
flipture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:03 PM   #23
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Do you have a schematic for your cart? My Drive carts are all older models (2009 and 2012)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:18 PM   #24
flipture
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Do you have a schematic for your cart? My Drive carts are all older models (2009 and 2012)
I wish I did. If anyone knows where I can get the schematic for a 2021 ClubCar Onward Lithium Ion I would so very much appreciate it! :)
Old 05-21-2021, 01:41 PM   #25
Bbr
Getting Wild
Yamaha

QUOTE=cygnusx;1633037]Update . The plug under the passenger side front wheel well is listed in the detailed electrical diagram as "cc logo" Yellow and black wires. I tested the voltage across and received 13.3 volts with the key on. This effectively is a 12 volt accessory plug.[/QUOTE]
Bbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:43 PM   #26
Bbr
Getting Wild
Yamaha

2019 Club Car Onward - 12 Volt accessory connection

This is the thread, might be helpful
Bbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:08 PM   #27
jmdonward
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipture View Post
The soundbar has an inline fuse. Is that not enough to protect the cart?

Also, where did you mount it and source the power from? Directly on the battery or behind the electronics panel?
It protects the sound bar. You want a fuse panel to protect the voltage reducer and also the cart. You should also run an in-line fuse between the voltage reducer and positive terminal on the battery.

You should take power directly from the battery with some decent guage cable. I mounted my voltage reducer underneath the front of the cart where the suspension mounts to the frame.
jmdonward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:12 PM   #28
jmdonward
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipture View Post
It looks like the voltage reducer needs a switched 48v line to power it on/off but the switched line (blue/white) that I found is switched to ground. Anyone know where the best place to grab a switched 48v line would be?
I was unable to find a 48V connection tied to the key on/off. If anyone else on this forum knows of one please share.

What I did was find a 48V always on wire going to I think the USB ports. I tapped into it and then connected that tap to a switch so I simply have a switch on my dash to turn 12v power on or off.
jmdonward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 01:09 PM   #29
flipture
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonward View Post
It protects the sound bar. You want a fuse panel to protect the voltage reducer and also the cart. You should also run an in-line fuse between the voltage reducer and positive terminal on the battery.

You should take power directly from the battery with some decent guage cable. I mounted my voltage reducer underneath the front of the cart where the suspension mounts to the frame.
Will I need to remove the cover of the battery box to get to a direct battery connection? The two heavy gauge hot wires that come out of the top of the battery box turn on and off so they are apparently switched by something and not direct. I can't seem to find anything specifically on the lithium ion version of this cart.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:10 PM   #30
flipture
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonward View Post
I was unable to find a 48V connection tied to the key on/off. If anyone else on this forum knows of one please share.

What I did was find a 48V always on wire going to I think the USB ports. I tapped into it and then connected that tap to a switch so I simply have a switch on my dash to turn 12v power on or off.
Did you have to do anything special to avoid getting a fault when connecting anything to those leads?

Tags
12v, club car, li-in, onward, sound bar
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car