lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2022, 11:22 AM   #11
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My point has been proven!

I never put too much weight in warranty documentation. A reliable company will either fix a problem under warranty, ignore you, or look for a reason not to cover it.

I purchased the Eco Battery based on knowledgeable techs answering my questions thoroughly and quickly. The 8 year warranty had little to do with my purchase. I read too many threads here about the inability to get support from other manufacturers.

There has been only one post on BGW that was negative about EB. Not so much negative, but rather back and forth about resolving a problem. And this post disappeared with no outcome published.

You won't find much negative press about EB anywhere, on any forum. I searched before I bought it, which made me conclude it was the only way for me to go drop-in lithium.

Believe me, if ANYTHING goes wrong with this battery, you will hear more about it than you care to!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2022, 08:07 AM   #12
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Had the 72v Eco been around when I was looking to buy last summer it definitely would have been a serious contender. In terms of warranty, well ET says it has a 5 year warranty but if you read the fine print it is easy to void. And if you aren't able to work on the battery pack yourself to make repairs, then you have to pay the freight shipping cost to send it to them AND for them to send it back to you after repair.....
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 09:44 AM   #13
Eco Battery
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
My cart sparks when I connect and it is caused by my voltage reducer. Normal. Doesn't hurt anything - just scares the SH$T out of you the first time. I now connect it separately - it has an inline fuse. No spark from the precharge resistor - it's current is fairly low and it's purpose is to reduce surges.
Correct, it is the voltage reducer that causes the inrush spark. All of our new packs arriving from here out will have on/off switch. Also, we have changed to a different model of reducer, that has precharge built in for a soft start. It also comes pre-wired with input and output fuses.

So between both improvements the installation will be much easier and “less exciting “ LOL.
Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:02 AM   #14
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco Battery View Post
Correct, it is the voltage reducer that causes the inrush spark. All of our new packs arriving from here out will have on/off switch. Also, we have changed to a different model of reducer, that has precharge built in for a soft start. It also comes pre-wired with input and output fuses.

So between both improvements the installation will be much easier and “less exciting “ LOL.
On the improvement front, any chance you guys are working on producing a "4 season" version for those of us who use our carts for work?
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:02 AM   #15
Eco Battery
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascader View Post
I have been looking at lithium batteries for a while and am very keen to get a high discharge lithium setup. Eco looks like a good choice, with their custom BMS, but what gives me pause is the warranty. When I looked at the warranty details, it appeared less competitive. I love their packaging solution, using thru holes for existing tie downs for a club car etc.

The large print says 8 year warranty.

The medium print says 8 year pro-rated limited warranty.

The way I read the fine print, the buyer pays shipping back to Utah for evaluation, and solely at Eco discretion, any time after 3 years (but within eight) if they deem it not worthy of repair they will offer the buyer a new battery at a 30% discount from current MSRP prices. Not knowing if the cells they use are standard enough to have identical matched replacements in, say 5 years, it makes the product less appealing. Perhaps when they get some time in the field without incident they can go to better terms.

As it stands, depending on unknown internal factors, it seems like it could be a 3 year warranty, or an 8 year warranty, or something in between. It seems possible at times there could be some incentive to sell a new battery over repair towards the end of the 8 year battery warranty. Hopefully not, of course.

I could envision a gray area such as there one bad cell and some degraded, but still quite serviceable cells, such that the pack capacity originally rated at 105ah measured 98ah with the one new cell after repar, which I would have happily accepted, if doing the repair myself, but perhaps would trigger the “non rebuildable” clause at Eco and result in me having to buy a new battery. In that scenario a 30% discount would not be appealing.
The legal print is there for potential abusers of the warranty policy. We always go above and beyond what is reasonable and make our customers happy. The warranty is only as good as the company behind it. When we are out of stock and can’t sell any batteries, we still have warranty parts and batteries available. Most of the other companies make you wait weeks or even months to get warranty replacement or repair. We can generally solve it within days.

We are available via phone, text, website chat, FB Messenger, and email. If we don’t answer immediately, we WILL call you or message you back. We have support reps standing by to help with anything you need.

Our official support hours are 8am-5pm MST but we generally respond to after hours support questions in real time.

Thanks to everyone who continues to support us, it is much appreciated!
Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 11:08 AM   #16
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
The legal print is there for potential abusers of the warranty policy. We always go above and beyond what is reasonable and make our customers happy. The warranty is only as good as the company behind it. When we are out of stock and can’t sell any batteries, we still have warranty parts and batteries available. Most of the other companies make you wait weeks or even months to get warranty replacement or repair. We can generally solve it within days.

We are available via phone, text, website chat, FB Messenger, and email. If we don’t answer immediately, we WILL call you or message you back. We have support reps standing by to help with anything you need.

Our official support hours are 8am-5pm MST but we generally respond to after hours support questions in real time.
And you can take that to the bank!
Old 06-13-2022, 08:55 PM   #17
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

So if you switch to a pack - battery like eco( or other brand) and whether in warranty or not goes bad and has to be 'sent back to manufacturer' your cart is off line for as long as that should take or not and I can't imagine the shipping is cheap or easy. Not finding fault just saying what it seems like.
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:02 PM   #18
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by expoman55 View Post
So if you switch to a pack - battery like eco( or other brand) and whether in warranty or not goes bad and has to be 'sent back to manufacturer' your cart is off line for as long as that should take or not and I can't imagine the shipping is cheap or easy. Not finding fault just saying what it seems like.
But is that any different for a defective motor, controller, engine, computer, car, or any other consumer product on the market. Not really sure what point you’re trying to make?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:00 PM   #19
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well said, CP!

Eco Battery is picking up new stocking dealers regularly. Last year the closest one was 130 miles away. Now there are two less than 40 miles away.

I can easily drive there to swap one under warranty and be back on the road the same day. Try that with a fried motor or controller.

I trust what EB says. And I'm one who doesn't trust warranties.
Old 06-22-2022, 05:17 AM   #20
Shanky
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

My Eco does have an on / off switch and I will be installing the new style reducer in the next week. Will post a photo.
Shanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car