lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2022, 04:06 PM   #1
MCTX281
Not Yet Wild

Default Motor and Controller ID?

Hey y'all,
Looking for some info and guidance here. I got my first cart, a Club Car DS, I believe 2001. It has the Tow/Run switch and electric paddle F/R switch. I believe this is the regen motor and a Gen2(?) GE Controller?

Wanted to confirm this.

Also wanted to know if I remove the speed sensor from the side, or disconnect it, will it go faster? Would the Apex controller be the next thing to do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220618_012947940_iOS.jpg (188.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220618_012726003_iOS.jpg (195.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220618_012617273_iOS.jpg (199.0 KB, 0 views)
MCTX281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2022, 04:22 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Motor and Controller ID?

I don't know about that particular controller but most carts go into "Limp Mode" if you disconnect the speed sensor. There is a trick you can pull by changing the magnet to have half the number of poles. That fools the controller into thinking you are only going half as fast.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 04:34 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

That's a Regen 2 cart based on the speed sensor, and Yes you can unplug the sensor on those. You also have to bypass the dynamic braking solenoid which is the one on the left side with the big resistor coil on it. Remove the resistor coil, and bolt both cables together on the same side of the solenoid. Be careful running down steep hills because overspeeding the motor will cause it to pop. Keep it around 20-22mph to be safe.

Also, that cart is way too clean. Good find!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:16 PM   #4
MCTX281
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for that info. I think it does maybe 15mph tops right now, ,is that about right?

I would like more speed for myself and wife, but my 9 and 12 year old we let drive it also.

The dynamic braking is good for them, it only has tiny rear brakes, big wheels and a 6" lift. It does not stop well.
MCTX281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:40 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

On the Regen 2 carts the Dynamic braking has to be disabled if you disconnect the speed sensor. Otherwise it will get up to full speed and then if you lift off the throttle it will throw the Regen on hard like it's trying to throw you out the windshield.

Adjust the brakes and put some new shoes in it, may also need to replace the cables.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car