lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #21
CodyB
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: Who has the oldest cart here???

The good ol wire brush worked for me, but depends on the paint's flakey-ness... Just make shure to be gentle so to not ruin it, [joke You might get some Ideas from the CSI Vegas episode where they have the battle bot murderer and stuffs the dude in a 55 gal metal drum... [/joke]
CodyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

RE: Melex....The fact that you have rear brakes makes it a newer cart, probably 1980ish.
possible model #112. Can you post some pic of the beast?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:38 AM   #23
Zylok
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyB View Post
The good ol wire brush worked for me, but depends on the paint's flakey-ness... Just make shure to be gentle so to not ruin it, [joke You might get some Ideas from the CSI Vegas episode where they have the battle bot murderer and stuffs the dude in a 55 gal metal drum... [/joke]
Great suggestion on the ole wire brush a la CSI Vegas, but I'd prefer the services of the CSI Miami ladies if it were possible . Of course I'd have to get permission from my 12 step program (for a latex glove addiction) sponser first ....

scottyb Re: Who has the oldest cart here???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: Melex....The fact that you have rear brakes makes it a newer cart, probably 1980ish.
possible model #112. Can you post some pic of the beast?

scottyb, I'll do my best to post some pictures soon. The charger that came with it is an ez-go branded model (40284). The charger was dated 1995 and was DOA until I bypassed the relay circuit board. Output was a good 40 volts DC with very little AC ripple. I'm guessing that the previous owner boiled the batteries (since the trojans were dry) and gave up on it. Refilling the batteries and charging the batteries individually has shown some promise. Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Zzzzz...
Zylok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:12 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

you will not have much luck reviving those batts. once dried they are usually gone......
Old 06-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #25
Zylok
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
you will not have much luck reviving those batts. once dried they are usually gone......
The batteries came back to life enough for me to piddle with the motor. I have since taken them to the recycler....I found another cart almost exactly like the MELEX Barney mobile and have brought it home too. The second one is a Melex 112 according to the ID plate, Are the serial numbers indicative of the date of manufacture? And if so, who would have the pertained info? The second cart has the brake on the motor and no coil over shocks in front. ,
Old 06-12-2008, 11:27 PM   #26
Zylok
Not Yet Wild

Well enough paint has come off and the Barney mobile is a 1982 model 152 and the blue goose is a 1979 model 112. A few batteries and a little wiring and lo and behold both are still quite operable. The Barney mobile has been a constant source of entertainment for my 6 year old daughter. we have enjoyed a evening cruise through out the neighborhood every night for the last 10 days.Wooooo Hoooo!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #27
KM Parrish
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Red face Re: Who has the oldest cart here???

I don' know why, but I like those old 3 wheelers..

1980 Ez Go Marathon here..
KM Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:45 PM   #28
Zylok
Not Yet Wild

I went and looked at a very original, unmodified operable 1960 cushman....what a body on that baby blue 3 wheeler with its bubble bodied turf slicks...Any body have any ideas on what I should offer for it?
Old 07-27-2008, 08:18 AM   #29
blu
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

This is my Cushman, I'm not sure of the year, maybe mid '60's. Used lawn chair webbing for the top and painted some tropical fish and flowers for fun.
I'm a new member and this is my first post, hope the picture shows up!
blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome blu, that is quite the unique golf cart and some funny lookin' dogs too
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts