lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
strijdoms
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Is my OBC bad? '98 48V Series

I have a 97 club car electric.When i plug the charger in it wont kick in,could it be the OBC or is there another problem.How can i test the Obc on the charging side. Running well. Just charging.

Willie
strijdoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
nfrees114
Not Yet Wild

I have the same problem as strij. My cart runs fine, it just wont charge. when I charge the batteries one by one and get them to enough where the cart will run i can drive it around the house a few times then it dies. when i plug it in the charger doesn't do anything. I installed a Relay bypass button on the charger to actually turn the charger on if it's below the voltage needed for charging. But when I put a meter on the batteries they show whatever the voltage is of the batteries. So it's like the OBC isnt' allowing it to charge the batteries. I tried to do the OBC reset steps but that didn't seem to work. should i just buy a new OBC and see what happens or is there another test i can do to see if it is for sure the OBC?
It's a 2006 CC Precedent.
Thanks Guys!
nfrees114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #13
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrees114 View Post
I have the same problem as strij. My cart runs fine, it just wont charge. when I charge the batteries one by one and get them to enough where the cart will run i can drive it around the house a few times then it dies. when i plug it in the charger doesn't do anything. I installed a Relay bypass button on the charger to actually turn the charger on if it's below the voltage needed for charging. But when I put a meter on the batteries they show whatever the voltage is of the batteries. So it's like the OBC isnt' allowing it to charge the batteries. I tried to do the OBC reset steps but that didn't seem to work. should i just buy a new OBC and see what happens or is there another test i can do to see if it is for sure the OBC?
It's a 2006 CC Precedent.
Thanks Guys!
Did you check your fuses?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
if your resetting it and its running i would replace it...............yes its bad................................
contact AAUMAN

he just removed his obc cause he changed his charging method and won't need the obc
maybe you can make him a offer
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car