lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2018, 03:25 PM   #1
Laynems
Not Yet Wild

Default '06 G22 ran when purchased, trailered home won't start

I am new to the carting world and have been looking for a gas cart for some time now. I found what I thought to be a good deal on a '06 G22 about 75 miles from home. I went an inspected and drove at least a mile or so and the cart ran pretty good aside and only thing noticeable was having to choke until it warmed up but nothing uncommon. I loaded the cart and trailered it home and it literally would not start to back off the trailer. I am somewhat of a novice mechanic but understand you spark, fuel and compression to run. I pulled the plug and grounded on the motor while turning it over and it has spark. I took the fuel line off from the carb to the pump and the pump pulses fuel. I have not tested the compression but it seems to have decent compression when putting finger in cyclinder without the plug. I pulled the carb off and tried to find if the float was stuck or it jets were plugged but everthing seems to be working and cleaned for good measure. I have even tried using starting fluid to see if it will start but only then does it barely hit and will not start at all. The only thing I can think of is weak spark so I have ordered a new coil from yamaha but have yet to receive it. It just seems so odd that it ran great and then would not even start 1.5 hrs later after the drive home. I have not tested the spark on an Ohm meter but have replaced the spark plug as well. Any thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated!
Laynems is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #2
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: '06 G22 ran when purchased, trailered home won't start

Might just be flooded from the ride? Check the oil for fuel dilution, carb bypassing and into the crankcase? Hoping for something simple.
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

First things first when you step on the peddle does it turn over or just do nothing at all?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:53 PM   #4
Laynems
Not Yet Wild

Yes, it turns over when peddle is depressed. I have checked linkages and cables and they are all in place and the throttle cable moves the butterfly in the carb. After pulling the plug, it has spark and seems to have good compression. Also after removing the hose from the fuel pump to the carb, when turning the motor over the pump pulses fuel just fine but the motor will barely hit when spraying starting fluid directly into the carb. Have also tried putting a dash of starting fluid directly into the cylinder and putting the plug back in with the same results.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:13 PM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

After turning it over for a minute or two pull the plug and see if it's wet or dry
Old 06-04-2018, 09:57 PM   #6
Laynems
Not Yet Wild

It has been dry except for when using starting fluid directly in the cylinder and once when used starting fluid directly in the carb w/o air breather while holding butterfly open.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:21 AM   #7
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Ok if the plug is dry that can be stuck float not allowing fuel in but you said you checked that and fuel pump has good flow I'd give the carb a good cleaning again and pull the vlavle cover off and check valve lash it should be .004"
Old 06-05-2018, 05:15 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You likely have a broken throttle cable. Sounds odd, but look. Look under the driver's side of the air box at the top of the carb, can be checked with air box in place. Key off, press pedal and verify its opening. If not opening, look at governor arm on top of trans, if it's not moving, the longer cable to break is broken.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:16 PM   #9
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

↑↑ check that before doing what I suggested
Old 06-05-2018, 09:06 PM   #10
Laynems
Not Yet Wild

Checked the the throttle cable from peddle to governor and governor to carb an everything is in place. Also took the carb off and cleaned as suggested while also checking linkages to ensure butterfly opens and it does. This has thrown me for a loop as I have talked to several Yamaha dealers as well and they have suggested much of the same. Still waiting on the coil. Thanks all so far for suggestions as I am still looking for a solution. Very frustrated.

Tags
g22 crank no start, g22 won't start
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha