lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2021, 04:42 PM   #11
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Has anyone seen the Silverwolf AC conversion kit?!

Thanks. Mine are in series.... I got mine before they moved to the parallel versions.
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2021, 05:47 PM   #12
Ghostman
Not Yet Wild

So I got it installed today and it’s pretty awesome. I’ve talked to them and yeah they said that 840 amps is just kinda like overbuilt. He said the most they generally see them pull is around 200amps and so far in my testing I’ve seen the same. I can take videos or more pictures or whatever y’all are wanting to see but I’m not having a issue running this on a FLA pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:23 PM   #13
Murby
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
So I got it installed today and it’s pretty awesome. I’ve talked to them and yeah they said that 840 amps is just kinda like overbuilt. He said the most they generally see them pull is around 200amps and so far in my testing I’ve seen the same. I can take videos or more pictures or whatever y’all are wanting to see but I’m not having a issue running this on a FLA pack.

Nice!
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:30 PM   #14
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Speeds! Videos! Whatever I want to see it all!!
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:05 AM   #15
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

Does it lift the front end, how fast, regen?

And more importantly, grin factor!
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:56 PM   #16
Ghostman
Not Yet Wild

Ok check out this video and let me know what else you want to see. It’s a big grin factor driving this thing. I changed the tire size on it to 17s even though I have 23s so it tricks it and I get to go even faster. Right now the speed limiter tops out at 32mph. They’re still updating things on the app right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EorQQApcRs

Remember it thinks I have 17s so this speed isn’t correct. My gps said 35. This was floored on a flat pavement road. The most amps I’ve been able to get the motor to pull is about 8000ish. I think the voltage drop of the FLA hurts it. A lithium pack that could drop 300+ lbs and retain voltage and have about 200amps 3C would be awesome. When these die that’s what I’ll build for myself. I know there is more left in this motor and controller but I think they still have it dialed back a little bit.

Old 05-06-2021, 05:23 PM   #17
Murby
Gone Wild

That's pretty zippy..

You're probably dropping voltage because your batteries are maxed out on current delivery.
182 amps is right up near the top.. if they were brand new Trojans yesterday, you might get another 10 or 15 amps.. maybe..

The switch to a custom lithium battery above 250 amps will probably have you reconsidering the bracing on the back of your seat.

In my opinion, based on my own usage, it wouldn't be worth it. I'm more interested in not having to charge the battery every night just because I drove 600 yards and parked it.
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:32 PM   #18
Ghostman
Not Yet Wild

They Trojan are about a month old and I’m using a deltaQ smart charger. I agree lithium is the way to go! When these die I will build a pack worth of the name lithium!

Old 05-21-2021, 08:28 PM   #19
Ghostman
Not Yet Wild

My friend and I raced our carts. We have the exact same setup except he has 22s and roypow105 and I have 23s and Trojan FLA. he can still beat me. He can maintain voltage compared to me dropping voltage and of course the lighter weight. These ac kits work even better with lithium.

Old 07-01-2021, 12:11 AM   #20
Hottdoggin
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

[QUOTE=Murby;1822923]840 amp controller?

You would need a custom built lithium battery specifically designed to deliver that kind of power. And at 48 to 52 volts (14s or 16s) configuration, that would be a tight fit into the battery tray.

There are very few lithium battery profiles capable of that kind of delivery.. and the cells which are capable of putting out 200 or 300 amps, are usually large flat pouch cells, of which you would have to parallel 3 to 4 of them, then stack 14 in series.

I could be done, but not with just any commonly available cell, You'd need specific EV cells for it. Even a Chevy VOLT battery won't pump that kind of juice. The SPIM08 cells would do it, but you'd need 5 in parallel, which, by the time you got to a 14s pack, I doubt it would fit in the battery compartment.

I wonder if a bank of super capacitors in parallel with a battery bank would work.. You'd need some special electronics to limit their inrush current when they started soaking up amps from the battery.. Things would get complicated.[/QUOTE

Your logic of thinking Is flawed in the sense that you're belief that it PULLS in 840 amps, to PUT OUT 840 amps. That is incorrect. At 48v it pulls apprx 10,000 watts peak when flooring it from a dead stop....

10,000w ÷ 48v = 208.3 amps.

This is not theory or opinion , this is simple mathematic electrical facts.

What the controller is outputting to the motor is completely separate from what is it pulling from the power source (batteries)
Hottdoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car