lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2022, 08:31 PM   #11
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 Precedent conversion to Extreme Team Lithium in 2022

I situated the charger and voltage reducer in the vacant well under the driver's seat.

I cut the 3 prong plug off the charger and wired it directly to a 110v male receptacle mounted to a plastic plate I purchased from Wayne's Golf Carts. Now, I'll be able to plug the extension cord directly to my cart.

The battery is charging now, after I learned the battery has to be turned on to charge it.

I mounted the battery meter on the dash and ran the cable back to the communication port on the battery. The battery was at about 50% when I started charging.

My Extreme Team battery weighs 96 lbs and one of the lead-acid batteries weighs 62 lbs. Six x 62 = 372 lbs, so I'm shedding 276 lbs. of battery weight.

A forum member mentioned the Extreme Team batteries have the Daly BMS, so I downloaded the Smart BMS app from the app store, but my phone will not connect via bluetooth. If anyone has info on how to connect to the BMS via bluetooth, it would be appreciated.

Tomorrow, I'll wire the reducer and fuse block. Then, the accessories will get installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8348.jpg (156.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8346.jpg (144.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8351.jpg (95.8 KB, 0 views)
LakePlacidGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2022, 05:50 AM   #12
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi,

I replied to your other thread regarding the Bluetooth connection. Hopefully it helps.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 06:44 PM   #13
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I wired up the reducer and fuse block. Still have some wire management to finish.

I hooked up the lights and dual USB port to the fuse block.

There was an hour or so when I couldn't figure out why the fuse block wasn't getting any power from the red accessory wire of the reducer. Had to set everything aside and go get a cup of coffee. Even went so far as to see if the reducer was still returnable on Amazon.

Then, a light bulb went off in my head and I realized I never turned the run/tow switch to run. Once I did, the fuse block had 12v of power.

The air temperature never got over 20 degrees F the entire weekend, so I didn't take the cart out of my garage for a spin. It is supposed to get up to 40 degrees F on Wednesday. That will be my first chance to take the cart for a spin with the lithium battery installed.

I found out this Extreme Team battery DOES NOT use a Daly BMS. It has an ANT BMS and once I downloaded that app, I was able to connect via bluetooth to the BMS.

I'm very interested in the discussion on another thread of how to keep the lithium battery warm so I can use the cart in the sub-zero weather here in Upstate NY.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8360.jpg (149.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8366.jpg (174.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-30-2022, 09:55 PM   #14
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

looks like a sweet setup.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 01:57 PM   #15
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Congrats on that nice lithium addition. I just can't believe the behavior of the delivery guy , he musta chewed up a gummy that morning or something.
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 05:38 PM   #16
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I can't believe they had to ship it on a skid! I had a rotary table shipped to me in a good cardboard box by ups and it weighed 120 pounds. Came safe and sound.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 07:23 PM   #17
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It got up to 36 degrees today, so I drove the cart out around the neighborhood for the first time. The launch after stepping on the pedal seems much quicker, like it pushes your back into the seat. Drove about a mile through the neighborhood at top speed. No issues at all.

My electric blanket arrives tomorrow and I'll use that to warm up the battery compartment before using the cart during future winter trips. I usually drive over to a neighbors house on a Friday and a bunch of us sit outside on the porch tasting different Bourbons. I'll leave the blanket on in the cart so the batteries stay warm.
Old 02-02-2022, 02:09 AM   #18
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Keeping the battery warm is more of an issue for charging than discharging. It is safe to discharge at below freezing but not charge. Also, the battery will warm itself during normal use while discharging.

Cheers
Pat
Old 02-02-2022, 08:45 AM   #19
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yes you can discharge a cold battery but the performance will suck. Internal resistance goes way up as temps drop. I used to fly model planes in the cold with Lipos and we had to keep them warm before flying with them.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 03:16 PM   #20
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

True, you don't want your model planes falling out of the sky. Expensive exercise!

Tags
extremeteam, lithium, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car