lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2022, 07:24 PM   #41
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 Precedent conversion to Extreme Team Lithium in 2022

Used some zip ties to perform wire management in the battery box and behind the dash.

I basically have half the under seat battery box for storage.

Couple things left to do before golf season:
  1. Purchase and install a Club Car Precedent D.O.T. windshield. Please let me know where I can purchase one below the $350 MSRP!
  2. Purchase and install a Xtreme Golf Cart Mat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8474.jpg (160.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8529.jpg (146.2 KB, 0 views)
LakePlacidGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2022, 08:22 PM   #42
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakePlacidGolfer View Post
Thanks.

Which temperature should I be reviewing when deciding to go out for a ride and/or charge?
T1 and T2
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 07:15 PM   #43
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I use the iPad to show GPS during golf and play music via the SiriusXM app.
Very nice! What mount did you use, and do you think it would be sturdy enough to use on a SXS (side by side)?
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 09:06 PM   #44
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Very nice! What mount did you use, and do you think it would be sturdy enough to use on a SXS (side by side)?
I installed an overhead console that came from a country club's golf cart fleet that had Club Car's Connect system. The monitor was missing.

I have used Proclip mounts in my vehicles and knew they were well made, so I purchased one of Proclip's Standard iPad Holders for my 9.7 inch iPad Pro.

This holder is very sturdy, but instead of attaching it to the console with the included self tapping screws, I used small stainless steel bolts, washers, and nuts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8537.jpg (96.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8539.jpg (74.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-10-2022, 12:24 AM   #45
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Awesome; thank you! Do you think it would hold up well at 60 mph across the desert (or maybe a bit faster!)? I'm trying to use it as a GPS to track routes and I don't want it landing in my lap (or worse!).

Thank you for the link as well
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 12:13 PM   #46
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
After being told by Extreme Team they would send installation and BMS instructions on Jan 23, I received an email from Blake Sherrouse on Feb 2nd. In the email, he apologized for the delay in getting me the instructions and included the attached PDF document.

The PDF has the title: 48 Volt Lithium Battery Installation, 2014+ Club Car Precedent and Onward with shunt connection

I have a 2013 Club Car Precedent and the battery does not have a shunt connection.

On page 4 of the PDF, there is a section on the Battery Management System (BMS). The instructions say to download the SMART BMS app, but my lithium does not connect to this app. This section of the PDF also states to download the guide on how to use the app at www.extemeteamcarts.com/BMSdownload, which is a dead link.
On Friday, February 11, 2022 I received a small package via USPS from Extreme Team.

Inside the package, with no documentation or packing slip, was a 48v to 12v reducer. Attached are photos of this reducer.

Still haven't received a wiring diagram or instructions on how to use the ANT BMS. Interestingly, a BGW forum member contacted me with wiring diagrams he had created for Extreme Team and sent them to me via email. He said ET was still trying to get them posted on their website.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8574.jpg (109.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8575.jpg (180.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-25-2022, 07:34 PM   #47
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Took my cart out today to my Friday bourbon club meeting, where neighbors sip on select bourbons on their front porch.

Arrived at 3:30pm and stayed until 7:00pm. I kept this blanket on and powered up, wrapped around my lithium battery the entire time. It was 20 F (-7 C) degrees this afternoon and we got 8" of snow today.

The blanket kept my batteries at 5 C (according to my BMS) and I was able to drive home with no issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8634.jpg (96.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8635.jpg (48.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-25-2022, 09:07 PM   #48
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Glad it worked for you. But,, it wasn't cold today. If the temp drops another 20-30 degrees, would the blanket still keep it above freezing?
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 08:51 AM   #49
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Took my cart out today to my Friday bourbon club meeting, where neighbors sip on select bourbons on their front porch.

Arrived at 3:30pm and stayed until 7:00pm. I kept this blanket on and powered up, wrapped around my lithium battery the entire time. It was 20 F (-7 C) degrees this afternoon and we got 8" of snow today.

The blanket kept my batteries at 5 C (according to my BMS) and I was able to drive home with no issue.

I assume that is with the new BMS? Interesting that they sent you a different branded BMS. They sent me the exact same BMS that my pack already has. Hence why I haven't switched it out. If I knew for sure it would solve my temp issue I would, but pulling a 200# battery out that is covered by the main harness wires and tail light wires is going to be a mega PIA...
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 07:48 AM   #50
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
I assume that is with the new BMS? Interesting that they sent you a different branded BMS. They sent me the exact same BMS that my pack already has. Hence why I haven't switched it out. If I knew for sure it would solve my temp issue I would, but pulling a 200# battery out that is covered by the main harness wires and tail light wires is going to be a mega PIA...
The BMS in my lithium is an ANT BMS.

They never told me until I contacted them via FB when the Daly BMS app wouldn't connect.

Tags
extremeteam, lithium, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car