lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2022, 08:01 PM   #1
blounsbury
Not Yet Wild

Default Ecobattery Charger Question

Hi Folks,

Recently received my EcoBattery from Scotty B. He's currently under evacuation order according to his auto responder, so I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with a question about Charging it.

I already have a charger capable of doing Lithium Charging (Noco GX4820). It does 58.4V @ 20A as a constant voltage/current, which I believe is within spec for the EcoBattery. The data sheet Seems to imply 58.4V is fine (its within the working voltage and its less than the BMS cutoff voltage). Since I've already got it installed as an onboard charger it'd be nice to leave it in place - its also IP66 rated for waterproof and dustproof, and it gets exposed to that a lot. Its honestly probably a better quality charger than the EcoBattery one too. Any reasons I can't leave this in place and use it for charging and can anyone confirm this is within spec for the battery?
blounsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2022, 09:48 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ecobattery Charger Question

Yes, you could use that charger. However, the EB chargers are ideal in that they don't charge to the 58.4 volts maximum for a LFP pack.

EB has decided to include 57 volt chargers which will extend battery life by not charging to the maximum voltage. My charger shuts off precisely at 57 volts. There is little need to charger further than that.

But yes, you should be fine if you don't mind sacrificing a little life expectancy.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 12:04 AM   #3
blounsbury
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Yes, you could use that charger. However, the EB chargers are ideal in that they don't charge to the 58.4 volts maximum for a LFP pack.

EB has decided to include 57 volt chargers which will extend battery life by not charging to the maximum voltage. My charger shuts off precisely at 57 volts. There is little need to charger further than that.

But yes, you should be fine if you don't mind sacrificing a little life expectancy.
Any idea how much difference in lifespan? Is it like a 2.5% ((58.4-57)/57), or more?
blounsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 01:06 AM   #4
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I don't believe it can be quantised as simply as that as there are so many other factors involved, e.g.charge current and charge temperature, but I would expect it to be more than 2.5%.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 09:34 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Your battery warranty is with Eco. Call them before using any charger other than what they supplied to ensure your warranty will not be compromised. I suggest you use the Eco charger.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car