lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2022, 04:48 PM   #1
Pupi305
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Powering your sound system???

BGW Peeps,

I am curious, what are you guys doing to power your sound systems. I am going to be doing a pretty radical sound system. I am going to be installing (6) JL 6.5" speakers and in the future a self powered sub.

I purchased a Daygreen voltage reducer to hook up to my lithium battery (48V/05AH). Just wanted to see what you folks are doing whether it is voltage reducer? Or separate battery? if so what brand and style.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Pupi305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2022, 07:21 AM   #2
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Powering your sound system???

I have what I would consider a decent stereo setup (listed in my signature) on my cart and I went with a separate battery to power my amps. I didn't use a converter for a couple reasons, wasn't sure if it would significantly reduce my range and wasn't sure if my converter would support the power draw of my amps. So I bought an $80 battery from Walmart and it's worked great so far. I have plenty of run time for my needs. It required a separate charger but that wasn't a deal breaker for me. Just one more thing to plug in when I charge the cart
jayhrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 03:40 PM   #3
Chamberlin_d
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I too went with a separate battery. $80 marine deep cycle. I have a precedent, and had to modify the inner dash tray to get it to sit. all hidden behind the dash. I didnt snap a picture of the wire mess under the dash, but the result. 2-8" Kicker marine w/ led, 2-6.5" Kicker marine w/led, and 12" JL sub. Powered with 2500watt mono amp, and pioneer deck

golf2.jpg

golf31.jpg

golf41.jpg
Chamberlin_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:33 PM   #4
CorpusChristiKid
Not Yet Wild

I went with a 30A 12V voltage converter and a 5.0 Farad Capacitor. I've got a 200W sub amp pushing a Kicker 8 and and a 150w sound bar. I'm also running a lightbar and an onboard air compressor. They can all run at the same time with no dimming or voltage cut out.

I thought about a dedicated battery but figured I'd go with the converter and capacitor since it's lighter smaller and there's no maintenance.
CorpusChristiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car