lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2022, 10:20 PM   #1
Ttuite
Not Yet Wild

Default Replacement for Curtis 1205-113 36 Volt Controller

I am trying to replace Curtis 1205-113 36volt controller. Cannot find anywhere.

Found this Chinese knockoff on Amazon. Claims it is a direct replacement.

500A 48V 0-5KΩ Golf Carts Controller Replace Curtis 1205 / 1205M-5601 / 1205M-5603 Motor Controller Compatible with EZGO Club Car

Question,
Original has J1,J2,J3

New one has J1, J2, J3, a 4 hole plug at J4 and on the opposite side a J5 which the diagram shows connected to power.

Will this work if I just don’t use J4 and J5?
Ttuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2022, 08:39 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Replacement for Curtis 1205-113 36 Volt Controller

I would not trust a Chinese knockoff controller! Who knows how good it is. Could be ok or could be junk.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 07:16 PM   #3
Ttuite
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I would not trust a Chinese knockoff controller! Who knows how good it is. Could be ok or could be junk.
While I agree with you that not the answer to my question. Even if I buy a Curtis 1205 it has the extra parts.
Old 10-03-2022, 07:46 AM   #4
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you tried the Site Sponsors or are you just counting on the interweb to get you what you want (without any help)? Site Sponsors are invaluable in cases like this
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:35 AM   #5
Ttuite
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Have you tried the Site Sponsors or are you just counting on the interweb to get you what you want (without any help)? Site Sponsors are invaluable in cases like this
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Regarding the site sponsors I have looked at their websites. Not one of those sponsors sells any of the controllers akin to what this cart has. This is a charity project and I don’t have the budget for spending 700+ on a more modern controller plus having to buy the accelerator equipment. I have completely rewired this cart and rebuilt the VGlide with the internal resistors. I am going to have to stick with this system as it is.

I am hoping that someone who has used a Curtis type of controller with B+, B-, A2, M+ j1,2,3. Can tell me if they were able to use the more modern controller that has a low volt J3, J4. If they did what did they have to do to make it work.

It was suggested to me by another member that if I posted this request someone may even have a serviceable old controller that the kept after upgrading their carts system.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-03-2022, 03:51 PM   #6
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Try putting a WTB (want to buy) in the "Golf Carts and Parts" section.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

I usually won't recommend this, but if the Chinese knockoff is in your price range for helping out that person, go for it. I have a Chinese MCOR on mine and have had great success with it.

It is a bit confusing as one part says it is preprogrammed for 0 to 5k and another says it is 5k to 0. It will cost a bit to have it programmed if it is wrong, but doable.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:12 PM   #7
Ttuite
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Try putting a WTB (want to buy) in the "Golf Carts and Parts" section.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

I usually won't recommend this, but if the Chinese knockoff is in your price range for helping out that person, go for it. I have a Chinese MCOR on mine and have had great success with it.

It is a bit confusing as one part says it is preprogrammed for 0 to 5k and another says it is 5k to 0. It will cost a bit to have it programmed if it is wrong, but doable.
Thanks Tom. I ended up sending it to cCloud Electric in Carlisle PA, for hopefully a rebuild for $256.00, all in. That was around the price for the Chinese one. Will wait to hear from them on rebuild.
Old 10-03-2022, 05:29 PM   #8
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttuite View Post
Thanks Tom. I ended up sending it to cCloud Electric in Carlisle PA, for hopefully a rebuild for $256.00, all in. That was around the price for the Chinese one. Will wait to hear from them on rebuild.
That sounds like the best way to go. I hope it all goes successfully!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car