lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: NGK Spark Plug, Gap, and Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
BPR4ES is the correct plug for the 295 Robin engines. I would recheck the plug numbers they gave you as a replacement or just get BPR4ES plugs.

Also, Looking at the pictures you need to move the plugs so the bases are even where the compression ring sits.
You might find the depth of the electrodes and ground tabs are the same then.
I think that will make it even longer after looking at the picture?

oops! didnt see the other posts, sorry Crash
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2011, 07:06 AM   #12
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Here is my best try at explaining plugs. The 8es is a cooler plug. The 4es is a hotter plug. The heat is a factor of the length of the inner post and the ceramic that surrounds it. The correct plug per factory manual is

25523-G3 SPARK PLUG (NGK BPR4ES -RESISTOR)........2

you should run the correct plug gapped at .022. After a few hours, you should pull the plugs and inspect them. There are several conditions that can be diagnosed from the color and coating (if any) on the plug tip. The introduction of ethanol in fuel has caused many headaches for those of us in the repair industry. It takes more spark to ignite the added ethanol, but when it does ignite, it burns hotter. You can go one number down to a BPR5ES if the plug show signs of detonation (spark knock) The tip insulator will be white on one side and have residue on the other side. There is no worry on the length, since the piston has plenty of internal clearance.

cross reference for BPR4ES

Accel: 114
AC Delco: R44XLS
Autolite: 4265
Autolite: 65
Beck Arnley: 176-9020
Bosch: WR7DC
Bosch: WR8DC
Champion: RN12YC
Champion: RN14YC
Denso: W14EPR-U
Denso: W14EXR-U
Mighty: M4GR52
Mighty: M4GR42
Mopar: 4091713
Mopar: 5213693
Mopar: 82300317
Motorcraft: AGS32C
Motorcraft: AGS42C
Napa: X761
Prestolite: 14G52
Splitfire: SM006E
Valley Forge: 34R

Last edited by bonduranth; 05-18-2011 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: add cross ref
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #13
probablecause
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

UPDATE: The E3.46 plugs worked fine and the cart actually starts better. Brendan
probablecause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #14
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Actually, the situation worsens if you do this.
Are you thinking of the old racers trick of indexing the spark plugs so that the ignition source of the plug directly faces the exhaust valve Gorno ? I spent hours shimming plugs to create that when I raced motorbikes and never noticed a difference worthy of a nuns fart although some swear by it. (Not the fart btw)

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:26 AM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Are you thinking of the old racers trick of indexing the spark plugs so that the ignition source of the plug directly faces the exhaust valve Gorno ? I spent hours shimming plugs to create that when I raced motorbikes and never noticed a difference worthy of a nuns fart although some swear by it. (Not the fart btw)

Chris.
No, I was refering to the fact that the new plug shaft would enter the cylinder even deeper than the old one. The picture that was posted shows this clearly when you line up the threaded base shoulders on the plugs. If there was a clearance issue it just got worse.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #16
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

As I have said before. There is plenty of clearance. To prove it, do the following.
1. Remove Spark Plug
2. Measure from the top of the cylinder where the plug would seat to the top of the
Piston. A good caliper will do this. Use the end that comes out when you open the
Caliper.
3. Next, measure the length of the plug from the bottom of the seal to the end of the
Spark Plug. Subtract reading from step 3 for the reading of step 2. Guess what. THAT WILL BE YOUR CLEARANCE AND THERE WILL BE MORE THAN ENOUGH IF YOU USE THE CORRECT PLUG.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO