lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2019, 08:48 PM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Scraping sound then intermittent speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
You said three bolts on motor, I think there are four bolts.
My stock ones had four, but most of the aftermarket housings have had 3. They have excluded the one that is turned around.... (but still worth checking as you mentioned - it may be different with his D&D)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2019, 10:36 AM   #22
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Mine only had three. I just checked again. What I did notice is another screw (allen) underneath where I pulled out the 5 broken pieces of the magnet. Do I need to unscrew this allen bolt/screw and re-attach through the magnet? I have scoured the internet to try and find a video or even text on how to replace the magnet to no avail. There are plenty of videos on replacing the sensor but not even an image on the inside of the sensor and how the magnet sits on the end of the motor. I'm glad D&D is sending the sensor along with the busted magnet because my old sensor has some major scuffs and gouges on the outside. I'm wondering if something hit the sensor and that ended up shattering the magnet inside, which caused this whole issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 20190713_111622.jpeg (126.4 KB, 0 views)
1petezrinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:26 AM   #23
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I think I found my answer to my question. D&D's replacement magnet and sensor arrived today and there were two small screws along with another thicker, shorter allen head screw. I will unscrew the bolt/screw from the end of the motor and replace. Hopefully, I'll have the cart put back together in two hours. I'll report back with the findings.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:09 PM   #24
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

On those the Allen screw in the middle holds the magnet. Do Not over tighten the screw or it can crush the magnet and crack it. May be what happened to the magnet that was in there. A little blue thread lock on that center screw and just snug it.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The torque spec for the ADC motor which has a very similar magnet is 65 in-lb.

For reference the battery stud torque is 100 in-lb.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #26
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the torque info. Everything is put back together. I think. I have two screws left but it's very possible, they were not for the cart. This shows how organized I was going into this project. Lesson learned. I've attached a pic of the hardware left. The large washer is 1 1/2". I'm taking a break and will take it for a ride in about 2 hours to see if it works for one and secondly, if it stays together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190719_152458.jpg (80.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #27
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Oh, I have two sets of those pictured, so 2 screws, 2 big washers, 2 small washers and 2 nuts.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:06 AM   #28
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Found out where the screws go. They bolt the body to the frame underneath where the golf clubs are located. Took her for a ride and she runs! There is no slight scraping sound, so I guess the sensor/magnet WAS the only culprit. Thanks everyone for the help, I really appreciate the support. Now that I feel more comfortable with a carts setup, batteries and electrical system, I plan on upgrading my other cart, it's a 2015 Precedent. I will be installing a 4" all sport a arm lift, dual action springs and 20"+ tires. I'll purchase from sponsors. Thanks again!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car