lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2020, 01:01 PM   #1
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Before I Power Up

Guys. I have a 2002 DS 36V with vglide that I am converting to an Alltrax SR48300, SW182, and 200A solenoid. I converted the vglide to a POT box and have used Sergio's design using a cheap Chinese BMS for a lithium pack. I have everything wired but before I connect the power, I thought I'd see if a few of you would review my work. What mainly needs reviewing is the vglide connections to the Alltrax. I also have a 1990 DS that was 36V. It was converted to and Alltrax SR48500, SW202, 400A solenoid, and a different Leaf lithium pack. The 1990 is using an electronic gas pedal from ScottyB. On the 1990 there is a connection from the gas pedal to J5 on the Alltrax but J4 is not used. On post #6 of this thread (https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=152895), it shows:

On the Alltrax SR Controller:
Top of the Throttle, post #9 goes to J4
Throttle Wiper, post #1 goes to J5
Bottom of Throttle, post #2 goes to B-

I just want to make sure all is right with the vglide connection to the Alltrax, especially since my 1990 conversion doesn't use J4 but the instructions for the 2002 vglide conversion says to use it.

Also, let me know if you spot other problems.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NewWiring.pdf (228.4 KB, 0 views)
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2020, 03:21 PM   #2
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Before I Power Up

I just looked and can verify that my throttle is identical to whats in your diagram. I cant speak to the other stuff, I still have the FnR lever in mine.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

So, Jake. You have a converted vglide connected to an Alltrax?
Old 05-28-2020, 03:49 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Throttle connections look right.

If Your Reversing Contactor has magnetic Blowouts (it will have a big + on the top by the flat copper bar side) then You need to swap where the B+ and A2 cables land on the contactor.

Remember that You can connect the Reverse side of the FNR to the Alltrax Blue connector to reduce the speed when in reverse.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:18 PM   #5
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The Throttle connections look right.

If Your Reversing Contactor has magnetic Blowouts (it will have a big + on the top by the flat copper bar side) then You need to swap where the B+ and A2 cables land on the contactor.

Remember that You can connect the Reverse side of the FNR to the Alltrax Blue connector to reduce the speed when in reverse.
Yes it has big + signs on top. I'll make the swap you suggest.

Since the rocker switch is DPDT, I'll jumper the two center posts and then use opposite post of the reverse side for J1 blue (see pic). Correct? Or I could just add a second wire to the reverse side and send to J1 blue. Right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RockerSwitch.jpg (12.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-28-2020, 06:07 PM   #6
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yea, I worked it just like the thread you linked above and it works great, best yet it would be super easy to fix if something went wrong because I understand exactly how it works and parts are available. I dont see a whole lot of problems though due to it being so simple and while its not as refined it should provide more trouble free service than a regular potentiometer.

Also I ordered my Alltrax from David at Revolution and he hooked me up with a cover for the resistor side, came off newer model that used the same resistor setup that your building. Made the installation cleaner and should keep some of the dust out of there. For a couple bucks I think its worth buying.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:49 PM   #7
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Daddy View Post
cover for the resistor side
Cool. Thanks for the tip.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:18 AM   #8
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK. The cart is finished except for a few throttle adjustments. It's a little jerky on take off with the converted vglide but I think I can correct the response in Alltrax toolkit. My new question is why all of the different pack voltage readings? When I put my DVM on the pack I get 56.5V (not a full charge). On the cheapo chinese dash voltmeter, I get 56.1 (not off by much). The BMS reads 56.4 (a minor variation). But the the Alltrax toolkit reads 54.0V, which is WAY less than actual.

Wouldn't this lower voltage reading from the Alltrax possibly cause a low voltage shutdown a little earlier than necessary? My BMS overvoltage is set to 4.18V (pack 58.52 but charger shuts off at 58.0V) so I set the Alltrax overvoltage to 58.3V (a little less). My BMS undervoltage is set to 3.12V (pack 43.6 so I set the Alltrax undervoltage to 50.0V (way in the safety range). I know that the Alltrax pack voltage reading is only 2.4V less than the BMS reading and that this will never take the pack to the BMS undervoltage but I'm just wondering why the huge difference in readings. Is there something that needs calibration? It's an SR48300. Thanks for any feedback.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:20 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to press the pedal just enough to close the Solenoid so the Alltrax monitor can report the correct voltage on its B+ terminal.

Your other settings are good, but You can lower the Alltrax under voltage setting to 45v without any issues.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:06 PM   #10
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I scratched my head and had a post on that a while back. As Sergio said close the solenoid to get the correct reading right now controller is taking that reading through the precharge resistor and showing lower than pack voltage.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car