lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2020, 11:24 AM   #1
sjagannath
Not Yet Wild

Default Regen issue (I think) and 50v pack

Hi all,

Just picked up a Turf2 Carryall IQ system 48v golf cart to use around the house. My first golf cart, and I like to tinker, so I'm expecting to have to fix some small things on it...

1) My understanding is that this is a regen cart, and I think I'm having an issue with that I think. Periodically, at part throttle or full throttle, the cart automatically brakes. So much so that my daughter hit her head on the steering wheel while she was sitting next to me. Right before it brakes, I can hear something click. When I lift off the pedal completely and reapply throttle, it will start travelling again. It seems to be better when the batteries are fully charged... if the batteries are low on charge, I can't travel more than 20 - 30 feet before it brakes on me.

2) Speaking of the batteries, I think I have a 50v pack installed? I see 7 batteries with 3 fill holes, and (1) 8v battery. What kind of issues could this cause?

3) Also with the batteries, while charging the unit, the amp-meter on the charger is up to 15 amps. After 6 hours or so, it has dropped to 5 amps. My understanding is that when the batteries are fully charged and are in good condition, that meter should drop to 0 amps. What could this indicate?

Looking forward to learning a lot about this cart!
sjagannath is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2020, 09:59 AM   #2
sjagannath
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Regen issue (I think) and 50v pack

Bump
sjagannath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:47 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Regen issue (I think) and 50v pack

First I would get a full set of matching batteries. Having mismatched batteries means they all have different capacities and will never charge or discharge the same.
The sudden braking problem can be several things, but it sounds like one of the batteries is dropping voltage to a low point that is causing the cart to shut down.
It's expensive, but the batteries need to all Match in brand, type, and capacity for the cart to work properly.

Another possibility for the random shutdown is the switch in the MCOR is failing.
Under the floor on the passenger frame rail you'll find a black box with two plugs. One of those plugs has 2 wires, the other has 3. Unplug the two wire plug from the MCOR, and stick a paper clip in the pins of the plug. Tape around it so it can't short to the frame and the paper clip won't fall out. Go for a ride and see if it still cuts out. If it doesn't cut out anymore the MCOR needs to be replaced.

Best to use a factory part. Depending on the design of your MCOR, the old designs have been phased out and replaced with an updated version. You may need to get a conversion kit to upgrade it to the latest design. https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors Call David and give him your cart serial number to make sure you get the correct parts.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car