lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2020, 09:51 PM   #1
Onedirtrida
Not Yet Wild

Default Can 88 club car 36v handle 48v

I have a 88 36v club car ds with the 5 solenoids. I have 3 12v batteries and wanted to know if I could add another one to make the total 48v. Didn’t know if I can do this without changing anything? I searched and see some guy ran 72v on one. Don’t really need more speed just would like more torque and battery power. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Onedirtrida is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2020, 11:22 PM   #2
Dlab
Gone Wild

Default Re: Can 88 club car 36v handle 48v

Just get the kit from Scotty B, CartsUnlimited, and be done with it.....Alltrax Controller, Pot box, 2ga cables, and reversing contactor with the change to 48 volts is the best this I ever did to the cart.....

But yes, I believe it can be done with a HD Solinoid....
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:59 AM   #3
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are your three 12v batteries golf cart batteries or standard deep cycle like you would use in a boat or RV? If they are not golf cart specific batteries you probably wont be too happy with battery power even if you added another one.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:32 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I converted one a long time ago. (1995-96)
I installed 48 volt solenoids and added resistor coils that were a heavier gauge. It worked very well and was easy to do. Its old school now adays, so weigh up your options
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:53 AM   #5
Onedirtrida
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Daddy View Post
Are your three 12v batteries golf cart batteries or standard deep cycle like you would use in a boat or RV? If they are not golf cart specific batteries you probably wont be too happy with battery power even if you added another one.
The batteries are power supply batteries that I get free from work. Last set lasted 5 years. I’m putting new ones in and figured if the 4 would give me more power/ torque then the 3 I would do that while I’m in there.
Onedirtrida is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car