lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
cjspreng
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1996 48v Club Car | In line fuse on charging receptacle

Recently, I ordered a new charging receptacle for our 1996 48v Club Car. When I opened the package, I noticed that the new fuse receptacle (yellow boot) had the male end of the in line fuse already attached. This was a problem because the male end was attached to the wire connected to the OBC that was already on my cart. I went ahead and cut off the old male end and attempted to install the new female end that was provided with my new charging receptacle. Long story short, when attempting to install I broke the wire bracket that was provided when I tried to seat it into the female end. Questions.

1. Does anyone know where I can purchase a new wire bracket? Have tried multiple car stores and contacted the seller and they said they wouldn't provide one.

2. Should I just purchase a new 15 amp(I think this would be the right amperage) in line fuse receptacle from any car parts store and install?

3. I don't want to do this, but has anyone ever straight wired the charging receptacle without the fuse. I realize that is risky, but have considered it.

All help and feedback is appreciated. First post and new to the game.

CJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8500.jpg (72.3 KB, 0 views)
cjspreng is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2020, 07:27 AM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1996 48v Club Car | In line fuse on charging receptacle

Any type fuse holder will work, but that fuse is a special type fuse. You need to use the original fuse. I can't remember the amp rating, but it's very small.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:34 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The fuse is 3/8 amp.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:55 AM   #4
cjspreng
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you Mgray and Sergio! Appreciate the help. I purchased a new inline fuse holder at a local auto store and have the fuse that was provided with the replacement receptacle.
cjspreng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car