lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2020, 05:41 AM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Reversing Contactor Delayed OFF Timer Idea

The clicks don't bother me at all. I seem to arrow a buck every archery season....clicks 'n all.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2020, 06:15 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't hunt so I cannot offer any comments on that part

The clicking reduction is actually a side effect and not the main purpose for the delayed release.

There have been many posts since I have been a member related to Reversing Contactors exceeding their duty cycle and burning due to being left ON for an extended period of time.

As I mentioned on the first post, wiring the Reversing Contactor to the pedal switch while eliminates that risk, it can also cause issues to the RC contacts if the foot is not totally off the pedal when maneuvering.

This is an optional idea on how to safely meet both requirements: prevent the RC from being left ON accidentally and ensure there is no current flowing when the RC opens/closes.

It also reduces the clicks which is a desirable side effect.

DaveTM, You should see the diagrams now, I forgot to relax the security for those images in my Google Drive.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:51 AM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

DaveTM, You should see the diagrams now, I forgot to relax the security for those images in my Google Drive.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:20 PM   #14
Dlab
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
The clicks don't bother me at all. I seem to arrow a buck every archery season....clicks 'n all.
I’ve hunted the East Coast.......you don’t know pressured deer until you come down here......

Keep your solenoid clicking bro

I’ll keep mine in true “stealth mode”
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #15
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

coming in late to this party from the other thread Sergio was posting in . I have a 2000 series DS with the larger HD solenoid and reverse contactors to replace the swing lever style F/R switch.

My problem is that the solenoid very rarely ever clicks , if it clicks once every 1000 pedal pushes its a lot (when it does click i may to 2 or 3 in a row then back to nothing). it all started just before the replacement of the solenoid itself. I have played around with adjusting the accelerator rod longer and shorter to get the solenoid to click every time but cant. I also have cleaned the v-glide so everything moves easily and not getting hung up on the return, along with replacing the micro switch.

I do get the clicks every time from the RC when shift from F to R and back. I try to switch into N when going to be stopped for more then a minute or so .

I have all but given up on making click for some time now but reading through the two threads I figured I would see if I could get it working . I still feel its a mechanical issue but with the controller talk makes me wonder if its electrical .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:52 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It sounds more like a Solenoid issue since the Solenoid should be connected to the Controller terminal #1 and activated at the same time.

Do You have a diagram of how you wired the FNR, Solenoid and RC?
Old 08-04-2020, 01:06 PM   #17
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

the solenoid was wired from Scottyb instructions and the F/R & RC install instruction came from David Hicks . I dont know exactly how without looking for the original instructions that came with both items. The fact that it works normal every one it a while tells me the wiring is right but who knows now .
Old 08-04-2020, 01:13 PM   #18
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

dont know if this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190528_101040.jpg (283.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-04-2020, 01:34 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Please start a new thread so we can help you, but You will need more pictures if You don't have a diagram on how it is wired.

Make sure You post pictures showing where the wire from Controller Terminal #1, the FNR center terminal wire, Solenoid activation wires and any wire splices so we can determine how it is wired.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:08 PM   #20
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

will do
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car