lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default What voltage should I see while....

I just received my voltage meter from buggies unlimited and got it installed based off the directs from there website. Negative wire from the gauge to the black/yellow wire on the cart. Positive wire from the gauge to the blue ignition switch wire.

I turn the switch on and I see 50.8. Cart has been sitting for about 18hrs at this point. I go for a ride and while cruising around 1/2-3/4 throttle the voltage is around mid 48s. If from a stop i floor it, the gauge drops as low as mid 45s.

Is this correct? I’ve never had a dash mounted gauge before to know.

On other carts I’ve worked in I always used a voltage meter directly to the pack and when putting the cart against a solid wall and going full throttle I would never see more than a 2V drop, assuming it’s a healthy fully charged pack.

The battery are brand new US Batteries with K 0 Y (Nov 2020 Augusta) dates codes.

Just want to make sure everything is correct and that I’m taking the best care of the cart as possible.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2020, 08:37 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: What voltage should I see while....

Really all depends on your setup. A stock cart and stock speeds won’t drop as much as an upgraded speed chip, which will draw less than an upgraded controller/motor/etc combo.

Wiring it off the key you will also have to account for some voltage drop through the connections to get to the key switch. I’ve seen this be as much as a colt depending on age of the cart.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:07 PM   #3
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Really all depends on your setup. A stock cart and stock speeds won’t drop as much as an upgraded speed chip, which will draw less than an upgraded controller/motor/etc combo.

Wiring it off the key you will also have to account for some voltage drop through the connections to get to the key switch. I’ve seen this be as much as a colt depending on age of the cart.
It’s a 2011 Precedent, #1 cable on batteries, havnt had a chance to upgrade the the cables to the control from the pack and from the controller to the motor yet. Currently it’s stock controller and solenoid and also stock height with stock wheels. But have 6” lift & 23”s on order.

Wayne
Old 11-23-2020, 09:21 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Flat ground. pedal to the floor, if you see 42 volts, You better be heading home
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:27 PM   #5
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Flat ground. pedal to the floor, if you see 42 volts, You better be heading home
Ok but is mid 45s fresh off the charger normal?
Old 11-23-2020, 10:22 PM   #6
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

You're in good shape with the voltages you describe. You may even see 44+ if the weather gets below 50 degrees.

But as golf cart guy said, 42-43 without recovering to 48, head home.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:01 AM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Fresh charge good batteries- 46 volts running voltage- again flat ground pedal to the floor
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car