lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #61
rib33024

Default Re: ScottyB's rear Disc brakes

Dave all I have to say about this is #1, looks like Scottyb answered your question to the best he could in this post below, and it seens to me all you like to do here at BGW is BITCH, ever since your first post here at BGW you have been pissing and moaning, and just like this piss and moan about something that already got answered,

Happy Carting

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemuzz View Post
Scotty,

I'm not attempting to downplay your brakes. In fact....I probably would have gone with your brakes had I known about 'em 4 years ago when I installed my Jake's. But.....you know how that goes.

It's good to know that your dual system has a dual chamber master cyl. Honestly, the terrain that I travel....it's a real possibility to lose a brake line via a log or rock.

Now....I really like the simplicity of your rear bolt on disc brakes. But, I just don't like the fact that the caliper is hanging on the bottom. For where I travel, it's an accident waiting to happen.

Can I move that caliper to the top or the rear??

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I don't understand the draw to the inferior cable system but yes, I have seen a couple of members flip the big cable operated caliper to the top side of the axle.
And I'm not trying to sell anything Dave, personally I would not go with cable brakes if my life depended upon them
My big gasser has 4 wheel disc brakes because that is the best brake system available for extreme off road, IMHO.
The disc brakes are 150% stronger than stock and the cable brakes are 20% stronger than stock according to the manufactures information.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #62
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

I take it you may not get the warm fuzzy's from my post?
Old 01-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #63
rib33024

Yeah it was BS, --- Did i show you where your question was answered??, so Why all the BITCHING we would like to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemuzz View Post
I take it you may not get the warm fuzzy's from my post?
Old 01-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #64
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Yeah it was BS, --- Did i show you where your question was answered??, so Why all the BITCHING we would like to know

Is that what that was? An answer? Are you Freakin kidding me? An answer?

" Why yes....we have had a few people walk out of the hospital with possible cases of MRSA, (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a type (strain) of staph bacteria that does not respond to some antibiotics that are commonly used to treat staph infections) but we haven't heard back from them.....so we assume they are just fine and dandy!!!! We have their phone numbers......but heck....we don't want to call them up and possibly interrupt their afternoon tea!

I think "an answer" would be direct and to the point. Like...."Yes, some members have installed them in reverse. I don't know what year carts they have been on. I did (did not) sell them the kit. I don't know if any additional modifications were made to make this work. This would be the cable brakes I'm talking about.

You have hydraulic brakes on the front now. It would seem redundant to replace what you already have, but I don't know what type of driving you do..how fast you go, and how steep your down hills are. Are you having a tough time stopping now?

THE ABOVE WOULD BE AN ANSWER....A REAL ANSWER.

Dave the BITCH!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #65
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

As far as my friends kicking a dead guy around? I have not seen that.
Maybe your in the wrong place?
Hey....all you have to do is a little research. It's not hard??? I only have 100 post. How tough could it be?
Old 01-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #66
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Popcorn anyone?
Old 01-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #67
crash12888
Gone Crazy

A fact is just that, An opinion that is offered is just that, take it or not but don't argue about an opinion, it is not welcome here.
Let it go....
Old 01-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #68
rib33024

Good bye Davemuzz

Happy Carting
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO