lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2012, 05:11 AM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: paint speaker grills

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I have to find this guy's younger brother. I got both plus a preamp crossover at a garage sale for $20, but this puppy requires too much power for my planned 48 -> 12 volt reducer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonequest View Post
You would have a hard time finding any power reducer that can handle high wattage. Just do what I did and make a seperate 12volt system with a deep cycle battery. My battery cost about as much as a reducer ($65) and runs the radio, lights etc. all day without hurting run time of the cart. There is a perfect spot on the drivers side opposite of where the controller and stuff is taking up room on the passenger side. I have a battery and inverter for 110 volt Christmas lights etc. and still some room to spare.
That's why I need to find the smaller one. It's somewhere in my garage. I have a 3525 and a 3537, as well as the preamp crossover. I'll only be using the "little" 60 Watt per channel bridgeable 3525.

As you can see, I really don't have any more room for additional batteries, and the sub will go in the bagwell, with the amp mounted upside down under the rear seat. That's where the voltage reducer will probably end up, unless I can squeeze it under the charger plug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2101.jpg (124.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2251.jpg (145.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2254.jpg (172.3 KB, 3 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #22
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
That's why I need to find the smaller one. It's somewhere in my garage. I have a 3525 and a 3537, as well as the preamp crossover. I'll only be using the "little" 60 Watt per channel bridgeable 3525.

As you can see, I really don't have any more room for additional batteries, and the sub will go in the bagwell, with the amp mounted upside down under the rear seat. That's where the voltage reducer will probably end up, unless I can squeeze it under the charger plug.
You have 8 batteries. I guess you really don't have a lot of room. That will be a tight squeeze. I would still suggest a little 12volt battery under the front cowl in a home made battery holder and put a little charger port right on the dash or the lower fender. That way you can just plug in a little 12v wall wart style power supply as a charger when you are parked at night.
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
You have 8 batteries. I guess you really don't have a lot of room. That will be a tight squeeze. I would still suggest a little 12volt battery under the front cowl in a home made battery holder and put a little charger port right on the dash or the lower fender. That way you can just plug in a little 12v wall wart style power supply as a charger when you are parked at night.
The 3525 is rated for:
1 x 160W @ 4 ohms bridged (1KHz, 1% THD)
1 x 200W @ 4 ohms bridged (1KHz, 10% THD)
Freq. Response: 10Hz 50kHz (+0/-1dB)

It has a 30 amp fuse, but it will operate well below that. My headlights are 55 watts, so there's another 10 amps. Stereo, neons, wig-wags, tail and dome lights, and power outlet, and I'm probably safe with 500 to 600 watts.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #24
jonequest
Gone Wild

Can the power reducer handle that wattage? I thought they were only good for 100 watts or so.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Can the power reducer handle that wattage? I thought they were only good for 100 watts or so.
I can buy a 500 watt reducer, but I wouldn't try and run what I have on a 100 watt unit. Heck, 100 watts won't even power my headlights.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #26
jonequest
Gone Wild

OK. I just prefer the seperate 12 volt system. I do see you are in a predicament with space though. Maybe shoe horn the amp and reducer under the front cowl. There is a lot of space in there that is pretty well protected from the elements.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO