lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Otter70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default all 8 batteries under the seat

I have a 2001 series txt that I converted to 48v with the help of this site Right now I have 2 batteries in the bagwell. I want to move them under the seat. I want to move the controller and the contactor behind the front seat. I thought I have seen a thread about this in the past but now I cant seem to find it?
Otter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: all 8 batteries under the seat

This is about the same year series cart.
These are T145 Trojan batteries, they are about an inch taller than normal. I had to modify and relocate the forward and reverse switch. Particularly I had to shorten the pivot shaft and lengthen and the linkage.the controller and solenoid are mounted behind the seat just below the access panel. This can be done using a reversing contactor also. That should be easier than modifying the F&R, ... Here's a few pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5154web.jpg (77.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5155web.jpg (79.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5159web.jpg (68.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5160web.jpg (87.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5177web.jpg (106.0 KB, 50 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Kelly G
Getting Wild

Club Car

Nice looking work there scotty.
Kelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
Otter70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scottyb! You Rock! I'll probably just modify the f&r like yours.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter70 View Post
I have a 2001 series txt that I converted to 48v with the help of this site Right now I have 2 batteries in the bagwell. I want to move them under the seat. I want to move the controller and the contactor behind the front seat. I thought I have seen a thread about this in the past but now I cant seem to find it?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-question.html

It was hard, but worth it. I chose to do this without removing the body, which made it a lot harder. ScottyB cut and welded his FNR post to make it shorter. I was planning on cutting mine and having it line bored and tapped, but chose a different route.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:35 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

ScottyB's photos were my inspiration. I didn't modify the linkage as he did, but did have to reverse it, as it would conflict with the micros.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
Otter70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Yurtle. I still haven't decided if I'm going to modify my F&R. I'm leaning towards using a reversing contactor. That is on the assumption I can get help from Scottyb (model#, installation).......
Old 03-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter70 View Post
Thanks Yurtle. I still haven't decided if I'm going to modify my F&R. I'm leaning towards using a reversing contactor. That is on the assumption I can get help from Scottyb (model#, installation).......
If you go this route, you could hide up by the controller where Scotty mounted his, and put your SPDT switch on the dash.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thank you, Kelly. The cart was a fun project... and ended up GPSing at 24mph on the flats with the power to climb anything and run all day long with the taller batteries. The long travel front end and the Glamis style 100 watt 5 inch lights will make this a fun cart for some recreation.

On the F&R, I did shorten the center pivot shaft just as much as was possible..... you can see how much extra is on your shaft. I also extended the little piece that goes on the shaft and connects to the linkage by .75 inch. This helped get my linkage away from the micro switches, as Yurtle observed was necessary. A side effect of all this linkage re-engineering is I have the only series ezgo that you can shift with your little finger That just tickles me every time I drive it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5155web note.jpg (186.7 KB, 18 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #10
Otter70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, I've been doing some research on doing this mod with a reversing contactor instead of the F&R. I see that I need to get a Albright SW202 ($160) for the reversing and a Albright SW200 Style Heavy Duty ($85) for the main contactor.

My question is: I already have the big brown MZJ-400, It looks like it has the same specs as the SW200, can I just keep using big brown?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO