lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
grocery getter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2008 RXV Charging isses

I picked up a 2008 EZGO RXV electric that came off lease at a golf resort.

So far I am happy with the cart with the exception of one issue. When I go to charge the cart the charger starts charging fine but after a couple of hours I end up with a single red fault code on the charger.

Here is what I have done so far with the cart to try and fix the issue so I can reach a full charge.

1. Checked wiring against the factory manual to make sure it is wired up correctly.

2. Checked batteries to make sure they were full of distilled water.

3. Swapped chargers to make sure the charger itself wasn't bad.

4. Cleaned all battery terminals and battery cables.

5. Load tested the batteries. The rear battery was suspect so I replaced it with a known good battery and moved the batteries around while I cleaned everything.

6. Removed the cover near the controller to make sure there were no loose or corroded wires in that area.

I am still getting a fault code on the charger and am unable to get a full charge. The cart runs well and will hit 19mph on the gps, but I am worried about taking it farther than a block or two from my house due to it not getting a full charge.

If there are any techs on here the fault code is a single red flash after the cart has been charging. It cycles through the self test properly and starts flashing a single green indicating it is charging the batteries and they are below 80 percent.

I have the owners manual and have followed everything to the letter. I have also read internet posts until I wanted to scratch my eyes out without finding a similar issue. Any ideas would be appreciated.

IMAG0171.jpg
grocery getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 RXV Charging isses

You didn't mention which charger you have, but if it is a PowerWise QE, clean all the contacts in the charger plug and cart receptacle.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
grocery getter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It is a powerwise QE.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
cartboy
Gone Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...oblem-iii.html

Most likely a battery issue.

I dealt with it for three years in 2008 RXVs.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
grocery getter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I read through your thread but did not see the same symptoms. I just installed 4 brand new batteries so we will see what happens.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #6
grocery getter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just an update for anyone else who has a similar issue. I installed 4 new batteries and the cart runs excellent. There are some other things I am going to look at replacing also such as the battery wires themselves and installing a digital battery meter instead of the factory soc gauge.

Also the manual shows the wiring of the cart as being different than the way it actually is. I need to find out if the factory made an update or if someone at the golf course it came from made a change.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO