lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
bohuntr9
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Wiring question?

Just upgraded my cart from the ground up..... 2000 ezgo series TXT...... Decided to check everything one more time before putting the body back on. Here is my problem. As long as the switch is in the forward position, I have power and the cart runs fine....BUT as soon as I switch it to reverse it looses all power and the cart wont move? I switched the blue wire and the orange wire on the HD F/R switch but then it just does the oppisite. It will run in reverse and no power when switched to forward. All of my connections are good.
bohuntr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring question?

Here is a schematic of a series cart with the solenoid activation circuit traced in red.

The orange wire should be connected to the same Microswitch that the reverse beeper is connected to. (It's function is to provide 1/2 speed reverse, leave disconnected if full speed reverse is desired.)

If it is misbehaving when wired correctly, MS-2 is out of adjustment. It should have continuity when F/R is in F or R. (Maybe the F/R cam isn't going all the way to the stops?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series with KSI traced.JPG (58.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
timbo73
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Can you make adjustments to the MS-2? My understanding is that they either are good of bad. If bad you just got to replace the micro switch.
timbo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Yep, they are either good or bad, but your switch is working in one direction and not the other, so it is most likely good.
So the question becomes why is it working in one direction and not the other?
The most likely answers are that the MS-2 is not in the correct position to be activated by F/R cam in both directions or the F/R cam is not turning to the correct angle to activate MS-2 in both directions.

Look for elongated holes on MS-2 mounting or on base of F/R bracket.
Also the linkage might be worn or bent.

Sorry I can't be more specific, my cart doesn't have the same type F/R assembly.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO