lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default My new to me RXV

Picked up this 08 RXV with May 2011 batteries at a really good price as part of my battery swap out help for my dealer. In really good shape but had to replace the front A-arm bushing as they were worn slap out. That should have been an easy job but holy crap. Had to pull both A-arms out, put in the vice then with a 5lb sledge, persuade the old bushings out. Rides much better now and no more clacking from the front end. Also picked up a used set of the Vision VX 21" tires with the 12" locker wheels. Front fit fine but had to put longer shackles on to clear the fenders. Also had to do some liberal plastic removal from the rear bumper to clear.

The future for it is a newly painted body ready to go on but it has the holes for the factory light kit and just got that today as well as a SOC meter. On another note, for those who want the factory light kit from EZ-Go and don't like the $485 retail price, they have a new basic kit that isn't advertised and much cheaper. Part number for mine was 627419 and you can only get it through a dealer right now. I have numbers for the different kits and will post them in another thread. Includes the head lights, tail lights, switch and the harness. Prices depends on the dealer so I won't state a price but I'm happy. Haven't put it in yet but I believe the brake lights will work as well. Not sure when I will be able to put it on but I am told you pretty much have to tear the entire cart apart to run the wires so will probably wait until I do the body.

Enough yaking, here's some pics. Sorry about the size. Anybody tell me the syntax for the img html tag for sizing ?

kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My new to me RXV

Gratzy on your new fun cart, can't wait to see how your plans shape out.

Finally someone posts a picture that fills my screen But if anyone has to scroll the window to pan over the picture, there is an easy fix, press Ctrl and scroll your mouse wheel if you have one or press (Ctrl) + (-).

Looks good man.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks Gonk. I know about the ctrl +/- trick but that does the entire page. There has to be a way to resize the image in the img tag, I just haven't found it..
Old 03-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

OK, just resized images..
Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
CajunDavid
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Very nice! We want so see it after the paint job and new lights!
CajunDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Will do. Probably next weekend and thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO