lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
offshoreracr
Not Yet Wild

Default DCS Won't Go

Having problems with my DCS cart. Went all the thru the checks in the stickys and had voltage thru all 7 steps. Reed switch is bypassed. When I hit the peddle the tires will turn some but then I lose voltage out of B+ to solenoid. Bolted a jump wire from + side of solenoid to B+ and runs as it should. Is the controller shot? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
offshoreracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCS Won't Go

Good news, The solenoid feeds the controller. Likely your controller is okay. Check your solenoid activation circuit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
offshoreracr
Not Yet Wild

I put a new solenoid on and have checked it and the old with a DMM. It will try and go but just stops and the voltage from the controller side disapears. If you turn the run-tow switch to tow and back to run the voltage comes back. I am stumped at this point.
offshoreracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm a little confused as to what the symptoms are.

There are four terminals on the solenoid. Two big ones (Main terminals) and two small ones (Coil terminals)
The main terminals are typically identified as battery side and controller side
Battery side main terminal has one high current cable going to positive terminal on Right-Front battery, plus two or three small red wires.
Controller side main terminal has two high current cables, one going to A2 terminal on Motor and other going to B+ terminal on controller, plus small black wire going to Diode/Resistor board.
One of coil terminals has a single small blue wire going to pin-7 of controller.
The other coil terminal has three small wires going to Key switch, Throttle microswitch and pin-6 of controller.

If it runs normally with a jumper wire between B+ from Right-Front battery to the small terminal with the three small wires on it, your key switch or F/R switch is bad. (Or bad wires to/from it)

If that isn't it, please better define symptoms using above descriptions of solenoid terminals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - DCS.JPG (111.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dcsd had volt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO