lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #21
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 Club Car Electric won't charge

Hmmm? DC receptical does not have a short and a long pin...I really don't see a voltage suppressor. That being said, I ordered one just to be sure I don't know what I'm looking at. Actually I ordered a relay, rectifier, fuse and voltage supressor and am going to change all of them out along with the fuse.

Maybe I'll get lucky?
tykuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #22
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . hmmm, getting back to your OP, you stated the charger works on another cart, just not on YOUR cart . . . if that is true, why are you concentrating on the CHARGER as being the issue and not your cart?

EDIT: 1. Did you do anything to cart prior to this problem?
2. What is pack voltage on cart?
3. There IS a voltage suppressor in a Powerdrive 2 charger.

. . . wondering if something is wrong with sense lead circuit in OBC . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes steve i don,t beleive this is in any way a charger problem......i,ll go back and say it again put the correct fuse in and if that dosn,t solve it replace OBC............................we shouldn,t need 3 pages for this.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #24
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry to have drawn this out. I too could not see how it could be the charger. I had hoped to find a way to be sure it was the OBC prior to buying it and finding out it was something else. I'll buy a new OBC and swap it out.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #25
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Talking Re: 2001 Club Car Electric won't charge

I really didn't want to give up on the OBC. I went to a local golf cart place (no specific brand just repair & rental carts) and priced an OBC. The guy asked what was going on and he said he'd had several that had recepticle problems.

So I took mine apart. How could a mud dobber build a nest inside of the recepticle? There is no room in there for gnats leave alone mud dobbers. I had to remove the recepeticle and then dissassemble down to the terminal ends to find the nest. I couldn't believe it. Still I doubted that could make a difference. I then did the computer reset in the sticky mentioned in this thread (Thanks). Moments after plugging the charger in it hit 15 Amps. That saved me over $300.

Thanks to all of you who responded to this thread.

Now, if you are having a no charging situation but the cart still goes and the fuse in the yellow wire on the recepticle is blowing, look for mud dobbers in your recepticle!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #26
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykuhn View Post
I really didn't want to give up on the OBC. I went to a local golf cart place (no specific brand just repair & rental carts) and priced an OBC. The guy asked what was going on and he said he'd had several that had recepticle problems.

So I took mine apart. How could a mud dobber build a nest inside of the recepticle? There is no room in there for gnats leave alone mud dobbers. I had to remove the recepeticle and then dissassemble down to the terminal ends to find the nest. I couldn't believe it. Still I doubted that could make a difference. I then did the computer reset in the sticky mentioned in this thread (Thanks). Moments after plugging the charger in it hit 15 Amps. That saved me over $300.

Thanks to all of you who responded to this thread.

Now, if you are having a no charging situation but the cart still goes and the fuse in the yellow wire on the recepticle is blowing, look for mud dobbers in your recepticle!

now thats a one in a million there, you should have played the lottery..........glad you got it working..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #27
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I put a jumper wire to bypass the relay. Batteries charged and when I replaced the jumper with original wiring all is well. I am told it is because the batteries were too low to accept a charge from the charger.

Batteries were bad and have replaced them. All working well now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car