lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
pianoplayerjohn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1984 Electric Club Car DS

Hi,

Yesterday we had parked the golf cart but when we returned to it, it wouldn't go either in forward or reverse. When you push the accelerator pedal it makes the clicking sound. The batteries are 3 months old and and the battery gauge on the cart shows that they are charged. It is a 36Volt cart.

We checked to see if the cable might have snapped but everything looks right. Please let me know if there is something else I can check, the golf cart ran great with no problems up until yesterday.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!
pianoplayerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: 1984 Electric Club Car DS

Do you have 5 solenoids behind the batteries, or one solenoid with a V-glide and coils only behind the batteries?

EDIT: never mind, 84 is a 5 solenoid model. When you press the pedal through its range do you get a total of 5 clicks?
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:14 PM   #3
pianoplayerjohn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi and thanks for your reply. Yes I do get 5 clicks...
Old 05-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Ok, that's a sign of good solenoids, but a clicking solenoid can be bad. Have you inspected the coils (CLOSELY) to check for cracks/breaks or "extra crispy" places where they contact the top of the solenoids?
Old 05-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #5
pianoplayerjohn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had someone look at it yesterday and he said that everything looked fine as far as the solenoids go but I'm going to look at them myself and make sure. Thanks for the helpful advise, I'll look at them when I get home and I'll let you know what I see. I really appreciate the tips.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #6
pianoplayerjohn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi, just looked at the solenoids, the connectors and the coil and everything looks as it should but I stand to be corrected on the number of clicks I hear when I push the acc pedal down, I only hear 4 clicks. There's two clicks in the beginning of pushing the pedal down and then after I push it down further I hear 2 more clicks.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:47 PM   #7
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Well, you've definitely got a solenoid out. My guess would be it's the master solenoid (the one on the driver's side) since you have no movement at all. With the rear tires safely off the ground (just in case) can you have someone push the gas pedal and you stick a finger on the side of each one to see which ones are firing? They fire in order from driver's side to passenger side. Whichever one you don't feel fire is the culprit.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #8
pianoplayerjohn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank You so much. I'll check it out and let you know. Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Old 05-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
pianoplayerjohn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi, we replaced the solenoid and we are now getting 5 clicks but the golf cart still won't move. A friend came over with his voltage meter and checked through the electrical system and everything is getting voltage. He checked the motor in both forward and reverse and he said he was getting resistance from there as well. We then jacked the cart off the ground and tried to see if the wheels would turn in either forward or reverse and they would not. We are stumped!! Is there anything else it could be. I really appreciate your helping us with this.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #10
pianoplayerjohn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I also meant to let you know that we checked the micro-switches and they seem to be fine...

Tags
forward, reverse, won't run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car