lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #11
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax issue maybe?

Key Off In tow, negative to either side of small contact 0V
Key Off In tow, positive to either side of small contact 50.1V

Key on, In tow measuring from Last negative to Either small contact 16.4V
Key on, In tow measuring from Last negative gas pedal down Either contact 10v

Key on, In tow measuring from Last positive to Either small contact 35.5V
Key on, In tow measuring from Last postitve gas pedal down Either contact 41.5v

http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/DOC1...Q-WIRE-DIA.pdf
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #12
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jumped positive to coil (lt blue wire) and the cart ran, looks like that light blue goes to the controller, so is there something in the controller not set or wrong? The pedal is very jerky also, horrible compared to the stock Curtis.
If I re-install the old controller and it works, what does that tell me, as it was working fine prior to the swap?
Old 06-02-2014, 04:41 PM   #13
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Called PQ today but no luck on his thoughts. These controllers seem to be more sensitive than the curtis and GE controllers, that may be the cause of issues, it may be able to be configured to work better, not sure.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:19 AM   #14
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Robby is going to swap it out with the fisp controller (GE). Will update with results.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:38 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

2 thoughts...
1. is adapter module may be faulty and that's why solenoid is not activating.
2. is throttle map may not be the latest and greatest software
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #16
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

The controller was suppose to be preconfigured by PQ, it was labeled with my information. I was very gentle with that adapter, always a possibility though (not the best design exposed like that, trouble waiting to happen IMO). My best guess is the latter, the throttle issue was known since 2012 and should of been resolved, very likely it wasn't updated to the latest. That is the second issue though, the first is the setting for low voltage, most likely the slider in the program needs to be set. In order to resolve either of these issues I'd have to buy the cable and RS232 software then download the controller interface software and review all of the settings. I installed the alltrax software and saw the capabilities of the programming, very nice but IMO very unpractical for what I want. When ordering I wanted very simple & reliable controller, once set I have no reason to get into the thing and tweak on it (I was very clear and adamant about that). Being they sent it to me I agreed to try it, at this point Robby said he would exchange it out and I'm happy with that.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #17
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

if FISP is the FSIP controller that I purchased, it works great. Scotty recommended the one with manual adjustments. I LIKE !!

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:05 AM   #18
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

FISP brought out GE controllers so yes that would be it.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:09 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
The controller was suppose to be preconfigured by PQ, it was labeled with my information. I was very gentle with that adapter, always a possibility though (not the best design exposed like that, trouble waiting to happen IMO). My best guess is the latter, the throttle issue was known since 2012 and should of been resolved, very likely it wasn't updated to the latest. That is the second issue though, the first is the setting for low voltage, most likely the slider in the program needs to be set. In order to resolve either of these issues I'd have to buy the cable and RS232 software then download the controller interface software and review all of the settings. I installed the alltrax software and saw the capabilities of the programming, very nice but IMO very unpractical for what I want. When ordering I wanted very simple & reliable controller, once set I have no reason to get into the thing and tweak on it (I was very clear and adamant about that). Being they sent it to me I agreed to try it, at this point Robby said he would exchange it out and I'm happy with that.

A few of these adapters had a bad connection on the board... just one of those things that happen and nobody has control over? The Low voltage fault is a direct result of the solenoid activation circuit not working properly = the bad board problem....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #20
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

And that verifies my thoughts on that board, exposed like that, rough terrain = cold or cracked solder joint, or loose connection from where it plugs in. Bad design!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car