lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #11
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Default Re: 97 cc DS speed?

If you were closer I would let you try my PQ Bandit motor. It is just sitting on the self, but it looks so good I can't bring myself to sell it.

M
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3840.JPG (703.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3841.JPG (778.8 KB, 0 views)
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2014, 04:02 PM   #12
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yellow93 has it right. I was saying do a 36 volt swap and you will see roughly 33% increase in speed and torque. with bigger wheels you may see 20 mph. I'm thinking you can get a used motor pretty cheap (there are plenty of people on this site with donor carts and extra motors) and then you could always upgrade the used motor with a bandit upgrade further down the road for the extra 25% increase.
Sumner121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:33 AM   #13
greenturtle05
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Talking Re: 97 cc DS speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVision View Post
If you were closer I would let you try my PQ Bandit motor. It is just sitting on the self, but it looks so good I can't bring myself to sell it.

M
Might as well let me get that off your hands to free of some shelf space.
greenturtle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:22 AM   #14
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

I increased my speed on my '97 DS in small increments. I purchased some inexpensive rear tires (22"x11"x8") but also had to buy some offset wheels. So, I bought some cheap steel wheels for about ten bucks each. The body rubbed so I raised the body with a spring shackle lift kit that I picked up at the local auto discount store for about ten bucks. I emptied the rear oil and installed AMSOIL synthetic oil. I replaced the stock battery cables with 4ga that I picked up at Amazon. I replaced my old 225 amp controller with an upgraded 400amp controller but that just increased my torque, not the speed. I pulled my front wheel bearings and replaced them with new ones after packing them with plenty of good grease. By GPS, I get about 23mph on flat ground, with the spouse along. My '97 DS came free with the purchase of my home so I am not aware of any upgrades that the previous owner may have done to the old cart.

Eventually, I do plan to replace the motor with a Bandit. That will require approval from the other half. She already feels that I drive too fast and wants me to install seat belts. Her Yamaha is slow and she doesn't want me to modify it.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car