lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #11
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New to carts have a few questions performance wise

When I traded my 4x4 for my 2002 DS, it already had a lift kit, upgraded motor and HD f/R switch and leaf springs. The wheel/tire combo seems to be in the 22 inch range. I upgraded the cables to 4/0 and replaced a broken HD f&R switch. I also had to nurse the battaries back to life. I now get a top speed of 22 MPH and plenty of torgue to climb the hills on my hunt lease. I think you will find that 22 MPH will be plenty of speed and performance for your cart. Plus, at 35 MPH, the joggers on the sidewalk can't get out of my way fast enough.......
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #12
Ryneaux87
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

First step I was going to take was new batteries and bigger gauge cables. Then the PQ bandit upgrade if I am eligible. After doing a little more research I think my cart is a series. But I could be wrong. My serial # wasn't where that picture shows instead a metal plate with rivots with the above number I gave was in it's place. I couldn't find any other numbers. I have the stock tires on my cart they can't be no more than 10-11" total.
Ryneaux87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #13
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryneaux87 View Post
First step I was going to take was new batteries and bigger gauge cables. Then the PQ bandit upgrade if I am eligible. After doing a little more research I think my cart is a series. But I could be wrong. My serial # wasn't where that picture shows instead a metal plate with rivots with the above number I gave was in it's place. I couldn't find any other numbers. I have the stock tires on my cart they can't be no more than 10-11" total.
Stock tires are 18" tall, they're 18x8.50x8. Is there any way you can post a pic of the cart and the serial #?
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #14
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Check out del city if u make ur own cables 2ga welding cable lugs and slugs U get 25' smallest order and enough to do all cables for two carts.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:07 AM   #15
Ryneaux87
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Dang I swear the tires on my cart don't look 18" haha yeah I'll take some photos of it today.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #16
Ryneaux87
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I found the serial # it's A9643-538282 I can't upload pictures from my phone and PC is being fixed. I measured the tires they are actually 15" tall. Still don't know if it's series or regen. Hope this helps thanks. I'll make the cart my profile pic best I can do for now.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #17
Ryneaux87
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

this is the serial #
Old 06-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #18
Ryneaux87
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Old 06-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #19
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

That's a series cart. Aside from being my personal favorite type, they're pretty easy to modify, although they're more known for low end grunt than speed like their sepex relatives.

For the speed upgrades you're wanting - you're going to need to spend some money. One requirement is gonna be larger tires, 22" or 23" is optimal (yes, a lift is required), any larger and torque will begin to suffer. A PQ Bandit, or Assassin, or whichever motor strikes your fancy, will be next. With those large tires and that motor, you'll need some more amps so that you can have torque. This is obtained by a larger controller and of course the cables, plus a HD FNR switch and solenoid. Upgrading the cables and leaving the stock FNR and solenoid is like installing huge 6 inch pipe in a water supply system, but leaving the valves all 2 inch - a waste of the larger material unless everything is upgraded.

The two big $ items are your motor upgrade and the controller, but they're vital to getting more speed and torque. Contact Scottyb at cartsunlimited.net (he's a site sponsor and an electric cart guru - the go to guy for upgrades) and he can tell you what you need if you tell him what you want the cart to do, and he can also get you set up with the best deal and customer service on the components that you'll find anywhere.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:41 PM   #20
Ryneaux87
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Awesome now we are getting somewhere lol so he knows about lifting it too? Didn't know there was a lift for this model cart good to know. I will contact him very soon I am planning to buy the new batteries and 2 ga. wire soon and get it re-wired. Would you buy a controller before the new motor or motor then controller? I figured with the speed I'm looking for those tires wouldn't cut it LOL thanks again for the info I will look this scottyb guy up
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car