lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #21
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR Question

This should help. Gen1 is the first photo. Gen2 is the 2nd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gen1 Pedal Group.jpg (193.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gen2 Pedal Group.jpg (270.0 KB, 0 views)
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #22
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

dave

i think this picture should go in the mcor sticky
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:42 AM   #23
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymonstertruck View Post
dave

i think this picture should go in the mcor sticky
That's fine. But somebody needs to edit the bird poop out of it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #24
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgaff View Post
I had a similar problem with my 2010 Precedent. It was running rough, with a jerky motion on the GO pedal. I decided to troubleshoot the MCOR with my digital volt meter and everything check out fine. Pulled the connecter plug off the MCOR and reconnected it. Put everything back together and went for a ride. The cart ran great. Problem solved (I thought). Couple weeks later same issue crop up. Pulled the connecting plug again on the MCOR and sprayed the plug and where it plugs into the MCOR with electrical contact cleaner. Made sure the plug was push in well and making a good connection. It has been over a month and have not had a problem since then. Cart has never ran better. Smooth acceleration and top end seems to be better. Coincidence, I don't think so. Definitely the plug was not getting good contact. Just saying.
I will try this if/when it happens again. In my initial cleaning and lubrication of the pedal assembly I made sure the connections were secure. I ran good for a few days and then back to the same old jerking. Mine had so much sand and debris under the assembly that this could also be my problem.....I hope. Worth a shot anyway. Thanks.
tsafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #25
Caneiac
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I'd have to see a picture of it to identify it. But, the gen 1 pedal group has a silver aluminum base to the brake pedal. On the gen2 it's got a piece of black plastic trim over it. It's also offset a bit. The accel pedal has a ridged texture to it on the Gen2. As far as replacement goes, I'd replace it simply because it would drive me crazy. It's just going to get worse. The throttle fluctuation is not going to leave you stranded though. An MCOR has two jobs. An internal microswitch tells the controller to engage the solenoid when you try to go. If this fails, it won't run. An internal rheostat (potentiometer) controls the throttle percentage. This is what's failing in your particular case. It's totally separate from the micro switch.
Thanks for the information, I'll replace it soon. Just didn't want my wife to get stranded at the beach.
Caneiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car