lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
gatorbait154
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie with 2005 Club Car DS wanting to upgrade for hunting

I have a 2005 Club Car ds that is 48 volt, has a jakes lift kit, and some all terrain tires. I am wanting more torque and power for hunting and having to drive through thick mud. Do I need to get a new motor, controller, forward and reverse switch? The battery cables are 4 gauge and my six 8 volt batteries are Trojan 2010 models. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have called D & D and talked to them about getting the total package, or should I go through plum quick?
gatorbait154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Newbie with 2005 Club Car DS wanting to upgrade for hunting

Plum quick can make you a nice package.
Not sure about how muddy you can get the cart without submerging the motor or controls but guys do it.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
gatorbait154
Not Yet Wild

Not water muddy just red mud when I go hunting.
gatorbait154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

You could get a custom motor from PQ and call ScottyB at carts unlimited and let him put together the rest for you, it will kick butt when done. Torque wise if you do the upgrade you will probably want 2 gauge wires, under heavy loads it will pay off. I took the original controller cover and basically opened the top half and made it larger for plenty air circulation, this protects from mud.

I have a president but you can look at my build and see what I did. My brother in-law did the D&D torque upgrade on his DS series cart and I have way more torque and speed which was what I asked PQ to make me. I couldn't imagine if they built me a torque motor how much more it would have.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
kenacp
Getting Wild
Club Car

[QUOTE=scooterman;1051779]You could get a custom motor from PQ and call ScottyB at carts unlimited and let him put together the rest for you, it will kick butt when done. Torque wise if you do the upgrade you will probably want 2 gauge wires, under heavy loads it will pay off. I took the original controller cover and basically opened the top half and made it larger for plenty air circulation, this protects from mud.

Can you take a picture and show us how you did that?
kenacp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #6
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I only have one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-06-24 20.01.56.jpg (79.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #7
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Going with PQ and ScottyB is the way to go. When I converted my DS to a hunt buggy, the motor and controller were already upgraded. But I have been on this site for 2 years now and everyone seems very happy with both PQ and ScottyB.
Can't wait to see pics of your build! Also, I got my graphics from Mossy Oak graphics. They have a kit for about $200.00. It's a two man job to apply it, but I have done two carts now and am very happy with the results. Lastly, don't forget to make some custom decals and give your cart a nickname!!
Best wishes!
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car