lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2014, 07:53 AM   #11
loneranger404
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is my Reducer going bad?

It's never simple is it, lol. I'll just go over everything again. I have an analog gauge installed but I think it half works since it's be subjected to moisture a few times. I will eventually get one of those Scotty's Meters when I get thru all this. Could I ask someone to forward me a layman's version of instructions as to to how to check the batteries as a whole and separately? I'm somewhat familiar on how to use a volt meter on house hold wiring and if someone could direct me as to using the meter and settings on these batteries with the voltage requirements to look for would be a big help.
loneranger404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Go here > https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials...e-a-multimeter

And U tube is great for this kind of quick instructional videos too.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #13
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Get some stranded wire 14-18 gauge will work just fine. Get four clips from radio shack or electric supply place. Make up two wires about 3-4 feet long and put a clip on each end. Connect one end of each wire to the main neg post and the main pos post. Make sure they are secure, now run the other end of these wires out from under the back of the seat and hook one wire to each wire from your volt meter. Neg to neg pos to pos. now drive cart watch meter. The volts will drop some normally but not too much. Note the voltage when setting still then when you push the pedal to go. If voltage goes real low you can hook the wires on the batteries to one battery at a time to see which battery is bad. CTD can post a diagram of this if he gets to it.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #14
loneranger404
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quick question; when testing each battery separately, do I need to disconnect each battery?
Old 07-30-2014, 11:06 PM   #15
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

No, just hook clips to the battery you want to check. Pos-neg
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:06 AM   #16
loneranger404
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys. This will be my weekend project. I'll let y'all know how it turns out. Was really hopping to install an extended roof on it instead but...oh well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car