lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2015, 07:51 AM   #11
BIGRANG
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Krylon Fusion

Good banter blokes... I'm going to start taking apart my cart ready to paint over the weekend, having a hard time tracking down paint in country Australia though... Planning on using a spray gun/compressor and looking for a nice shiny metallic finish, don't suppose anyone has any leads on some brands eBay stores? Even just inline paint stores so I can get it delivered to my door? Nearest city is an hour away from my little town so not real easy to get to a shop and explain what I want...
BIGRANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRANG View Post
Good banter blokes... I'm going to start taking apart my cart ready to paint over the weekend, having a hard time tracking down paint in country Australia though... Planning on using a spray gun/compressor and looking for a nice shiny metallic finish, don't suppose anyone has any leads on some brands eBay stores? Even just inline paint stores so I can get it delivered to my door? Nearest city is an hour away from my little town so not real easy to get to a shop and explain what I want...
in your case.....I would recommend taking the time to either call some paint shops or suppliers OR even after talking to them, go to their shops and talk to them face to face.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:53 AM   #13
GarryM
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It all depends on your plans with your cart (hunting, leisure, etc) Everyone will have their opinions, personally I'd paint the body with automotive paint. But if money was deciding factor spray cans can be used. Just take your time don't rush it. Back in my prior life used to perform bodywork, paint my own cars, etc (when family still had garage and body-shop). Just remember it's your cart to do what you want.
GarryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:08 PM   #14
Sadiedog
Not Yet Wild

This is a backup cart for the wife and kids. NO intention of making it a big paint job. If I was to do that,I would jut buy a new body for it instead. In reading through some old threads, it looked like some folks had some good success with the rattle cans.
Sadiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:43 AM   #15
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm going to try rolling my paint onto my old "rat cart." I can afford to have it painted professionally, but why bother? I got this cart free with the purchase of my house, and it's been wrecked and fixed and still works, so I am just experimenting on it. My wife makes me take hers when we go anywhere because like I said, mine's a "rat cart."
I bought a couple of cans of black satin paint and some small smooth rollers. I'll roll the paint on, and might even wet sand it in between coats. If I get creative, I might go on Ebay and purchase some tape pin stripes for trim. I picked up a new auto grill to mount to the front and a couple of extra led lights. My son gave me an air horn for my Harley that I plan to put on my "rat cart."

In my opinion, if YOU are going to make this cart for your wife and kids, then you should pretty it up for them. Spend a few bucks and have it painted nice by a pro. You know how the saying goes, if the wife is happy...........
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:24 AM   #16
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie1976 View Post
If you follow a process and wet sand and buff and let it sit a few days between each application it can turn out great.
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:36 AM   #17
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cool Re: Krylon Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
I'm going to try rolling my paint onto my old "rat cart." I can afford to have it painted professionally, but why bother? I got this cart free with the purchase of my house, and it's been wrecked and fixed and still works, so I am just experimenting on it. My wife makes me take hers when we go anywhere because like I said, mine's a "rat cart."
I bought a couple of cans of black satin paint and some small smooth rollers. I'll roll the paint on, and might even wet sand it in between coats. If I get creative, I might go on Ebay and purchase some tape pin stripes for trim. I picked up a new auto grill to mount to the front and a couple of extra led lights. My son gave me an air horn for my Harley that I plan to put on my "rat cart."

btw ROLLERS what!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, if YOU are going to make this cart for your wife and kids, then you should pretty it up for them. Spend a few bucks and have it painted nice by a pro. You know how the saying goes, if the wife is happy...........

If your gonna do it .DO IT right. You will be sorry when the rattle can paint comes out ..lets just say "unwanted results."Rattle can can be used on small parts and sometimes medium sized parts . I know,- i did it 50 years ago when rattle can was terrible way to paint, even a dog house with . Watch the restoration programs on TV, that will tell you scads about paint and body.Being painted by a pro is a great idea smaller body smaller bill.
Nothin worse after 24 total rebuilds of classic kars than see all the "prepwork " go down the toilet, after paint being shot. Also remember this PREP WORK is the---- EVERYTHING-- in painting a kar.Paint has become God awful expensive. especially when you spill red
buddies always said block sand til you got it, look at it ,block again when it looks great .......block sand it again.4 -5 times to get it strait . hth bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:12 AM   #18
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

how r u going to wet sand between coats when its still wet/tacky ..
well if u want a good paint job hit me up . but really you can go to a paint store and get some good supplies for a good price . when using a really spray gun you can make ur fan pattern big or little . with a spray can u have only a small fan pattern. but hell its ur cart ur money make how pretty / ugly as u like . I know I like my stuff nice .that way I could sell it with a nice pro paint job . a paint job and some rims make every thing look better
paintdude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:44 AM   #19
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdude96 View Post
how r u going to wet sand between coats when its still wet/tacky ..
well if u want a good paint job hit me up . but really you can go to a paint store and get some good supplies for a good price . when using a really spray gun you can make ur fan pattern big or little . with a spray can u have only a small fan pattern. but hell its ur cart ur money make how pretty / ugly as u like . I know I like my stuff nice .that way I could sell it with a nice pro paint job . a paint job and some rims make every thing look better
I wouldn't sand it when it is "wet/tacky."
If I still lived in NC, I would have plenty of room to do a good paint job, IF I wanted the aggravation of doing it myself. If I wanted a good job, I would pay someone else to do it for me. Like I said, my cart is a "rat cart" meaning it is a functioning junk mobile that gets me where I want to go, maybe not in style. I live where I CAN'T spray paint it. But, I can change the color with a can of paint and a roller, real fast. In the old days, street rods were often just primed. I wonder if you would tell them to do it right. I think there are several factors involved. His paint job looks nice and I bet his family appreciates it. Cost is a factor. Convenience is a factor. And timing is a factor. Sometimes those factors outweigh a show car. A pro paint job would probably cost more than my car is worth...maybe.
I thought about taking my cart apart to paint it. Why bother? If I wanted show quality, I would pay someone else to do all that. This is just my opinion, on a conversation on this blog. I do see where you are coming from, though. I don't disagree with you. But, I bet he can find a lot of fun things to do with is family with that couple hundred bucks he saved.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:01 PM   #20
DaveTM
Gone Wild

OTOH....you could cammo wrap it like had been done to mine. It was just a "regular" basic ugly white EZ-GO and the guy did a light sanding so the cammo wrap would hold and use the cammo wrap. That was 7 years ago and it still is "sticking" today and still looks great. And thats after many, many trees, bushes, and briar's and jager's scratching the snot out of it.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO