lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
dysart430
Not Yet Wild

Default Install New Radio

I have a '79 gas ezgo marathon cart. I just installed a newer radio and now the radio doesn't play any sound when driving. As soon as the cart is stopped music plays again. The radio never shuts off completly. just the sound. Power is run through the key switch and constant comes directly from battery. any Info would be great. had older radio in that would play static when driving but not cut out completly
dysart430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2015, 11:00 AM   #2
Mattm
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Install New Radio

Try switching the wires around, I had a similar problem. Mine would cut out completely though. I had to switch them around until I was able to get it to stay on while going.
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #3
Mattm
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I did like you did, I ran one of the wires and the memory wire to the battery and the other to the switch. I can't remember which one I ran to the battery and which one I ran to the switch though.
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:13 PM   #4
dysart430
Not Yet Wild

tried hooking my power up though constant power already. Still got the same problem. if i hook the constant power up though the switch i will lose presets everytime i turn the key off. It's not a wiring problem. I think its a power loss problem. considering adding an additional battery and Isolator. has anyone tried this b4?
Old 05-29-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I was thinking about old cars, and a capacitor that was sometimes needed because of interference from the alternator. http://www.dieselduck.info/machine/0...terference.htm

I would also run the cart at speed, and check the voltage at your battery to make sure the voltage regulator is working. Does your battery die a lot?
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:21 AM   #6
dysart430
Not Yet Wild

my battery never dies and the cart runs very well. Probably better than most of my friends. the only problem is the loss of sound when in motion. will be trying to test voltage when i get some free time. is there anything i should know about testing to see if the voltage regulator is working properly?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO